Cooling solution for ~£120?

Associate
I have a budget of ~£800 ...

edit! Title meant to say £200!!

This is the system which I have put together as of yet;

I need a case and cooling solution for around .. ~£200 inc. vat

I'd like to incorporate water cooling too ... so please suggest a case/water cooling solution also

I'd like the case to be;

- fit a GTX
- PSU mount at the bottom
- be a full tower case
- removable motherboard tray
- look good with a window
- good airflow

I'd like the system to be pretty quiet also ... so can I get some recommendations for a Water cooling system and case for £200 that satisfy my criteria ... cheers!

Last edited:
Permabanned
id'e recommend a different brand for your 8800GTS. I have an ASUS 8800GTS and it idle's at 49 degrees. I reciently build a gaming rig for a friend, with the BFG 8800GTS and his idle's at 60 degrees which is hotter than it should be imo.
Maybe something to consider.

Associate
id'e recommend a different brand for your 8800GTS. I have an ASUS 8800GTS and it idle's at 49 degrees. I reciently build a gaming rig for a friend, with the BFG 8800GTS and his idle's at 60 degrees which is hotter than it should be imo.
Maybe something to consider.

more to do with case temps than anything, my Zotac idles at 25C with load maxing out at 31C, well it is under water :D

BFG GTS are as good as any other GTS.

Soldato
Associate
OP
I'd go for the 640gb WD hard-drive for £70.49 instead - uses 320gb platters so quiter. http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HD-198-WD&groupid=701&catid=14&subcat=

Also a Lian Li PC-7 http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-054-LL&groupid=701&catid=7&subcat=
which come with 2x120mm fans (rather than a 120 and a 80mm as advertised) still I think, (though you may want to check that's still the case). looks much nicer, great build quality and good airflow. :)

Have switched the drives, but was looking for a full tower case with a side window tbh monkey

What OS you planning on using mitch?

gt

I'm gonna use XP ... and it doesn't need to be included in the budget :D

Back
Top Bottom