Greenlight Insurance

Associate
I see your point, but, Autotrader & the like are full of e34 M5's for equally little money, so I'd expect that theory to apply to them also. :confused:

But dey is not az phat fur pullin da bitchez, aiiiiii! ;)

I dunno really. Tony from Greenlight is on passionford quite a bit and said they do not cover e36 m3's as they get written off a lot, and as such aren't a good risk.

I'm not fussed - they knocked over £600 off the nearest quote for me, so long may they continue with this policy! :D

Caporegime
But dey is not az phat fur pullin da bitchez, aiiiiii! ;)

I dunno really. Tony from Greenlight is on passionford quite a bit and said they do not cover e36 m3's as they get written off a lot, and as such aren't a good risk.

I'm not fussed - they knocked over £600 off the nearest quote for me, so long may they continue with this policy! :D

i supposed thats the only way they can continue to insure all the people that most mainstream insurance companies wont touch

by being very carefull about who they do insure, resulting in funny exclusion policies like this.

It obviously works for them and keeps them in the black, so who are we to complain, if it means we get cheap quotes ?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Indeed, bit wierd reading down from M3 to see a Saxo! Dam them performance Saxo's racing amongst M3's and VX220 Turbo's!

They've picked high risk cars - a Saxo might be slow but it almost always has a talentless baseball hat wearing prat behind the wheel who thinks 60mph through the city centre at 8pm is 'proper bo'. Then he drives into a lamp-post.

Man of Honour
I see your point, but, Autotrader & the like are full of e34 M5's for equally little money, so I'd expect that theory to apply to them also. :confused:

It's about the demographic the cars attract. E36 M3's attract a certain type of person who wouldnt be seen dead in a 5 Series and can't afford an E46 M3 so they only need exclude the E36 to lose their custom.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;11423199 said:
They've picked high risk cars - a Saxo might be slow but it almost always has a talentless baseball hat wearing prat behind the wheel who thinks 60mph through the city centre at 8pm is 'proper bo'. Then he drives into a lamp-post.

resulting in £6000 payout to the prat,

and if you write off a lamp post, does your insurer have to pay for the repair to that too ?

Soldato
Yup I'm with them, very good for modified cars. Been with them for a few years now. My dad has just taken insurance with them as well as they did an awesome deal for him. My bro would have been as well, but his current insurer was able to match the quote so he just stuck with them.

I'd recommend them. :)

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;11423209 said:
It's about the demographic the cars attract. E36 M3's attract a certain type of person who wouldnt be seen dead in a 5 Series and can't afford an E46 M3 so they only need exclude the E36 to lose their custom.

Indeed, I would not want to be seen dead in an old e34, but, an old e34 M5 well, that's another proposition altogether!

I've been looking into insurance on the M cars and an e36 M3, even a 3.0 seems way more than a 3.4 M5, its a funny thing insurance!

Back
Top Bottom