Cleaning CPU + Heatsink after lapping

Soldato
Hi Guys,

Quick questions: I've lapped my CPU and HS. What product should i use to clean them without affecting the AS5. I assume i need some sort of alcohol based cleaner but as i'm new to the country i don't really know where to start.

Cheers.

Paul

Associate
Hi Guys,

Quick questions: I've lapped my CPU and HS. What product should i use to clean them without affecting the AS5. I assume i need some sort of alcohol based cleaner but as i'm new to the country i don't really know where to start.

Cheers.

Paul

Come on beh, eager to see your results and difference in temps !!!! as I am also considering lapping ;)

Soldato
OP
Come on beh, eager to see your results and difference in temps !!!! as I am also considering lapping ;)

Joe,

There will be no difference in temps as i lapped it from new. From what i can tell, most if not all people see a difference in temps after lapping. Considering that my CPU was horribly concave, i would assume that the temperatures that i get will be a marked improvement on what i would have got if i didn't lap.

As for the delay in build, tell me about it! I have been away on business whilst all my new kit has been sitting at home. I should get to it tomorrow, depending on how much i drink tonight :D

Soldato
OP
Hi Guys, I'm getting a little impatient waiting for the cleaning product. Can anyone suggest a good product to use that i can get from the chemist/supermarket?

Back
Top Bottom