Sick Mondeo Help

Associate
The other day I mowed down a pheasant that wandered in front of me whilst doing motorway speeds. The result is one piece of cardboard-type-stuff just behind the front bumper which has been torn in half. It doesn't appear too important but obviously I'll need a new one and I have no idea what it's even called. Any ideas?

Ta

Associate
A thin piece of plastic about a meter long with 6-8 screws? - If so I think they call it some kind of water/debris guard to prevent it catching the cambelt/engine area.

Associate
OP
Have taken a few snaps of the offending piece. You can clearly see where it has broken away from one of the bolts.

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

car4.jpg

Associate
OP
I've finally discovered that this thing is called a "radiator undershield". I've removed the old one but I guess I should probably try and find a replacement if I don't want stones going through my radiator. I would go down a scrap yard but I'm lazy and will probably spend half of my Sunday trying to locate one over the net instead :)

Soldato
Only just saw this thread but yes it's just a cover that hides the radiator and AC radiato

From factory there is a much larger undertray too which covers the entire engine (that will explain the extra holes toward the front of the car).

I happily run my car without the big tray but I wouldnt fancy driving around with the radiator so exposed.

Should be able to get a replacement from a scrap yard for a few pounds tops.

Back
Top Bottom