Litter row killers are sentenced

Associate
Two teenagers who killed a man during a row over litter have each been sentenced to four years detention.

Evren Anil died of severe head injuries after he confronted the youths who threw litter in his sister's car window in Crystal Palace, south-east London.

Dejon Thompson, 16, from Thornton Heath, south-east London and Patrick Rowe, 17, from Tottenham, north London, admitted manslaughter.

He and his sister were waiting at traffic lights in her Peugeot 307 when Rowe threw a half-chewed Lion bar through the car's open window.

Mr Anil got out of the vehicle and threw it back at them, only for one of the boys to produce a 4in knife from his trousers.

The knife was held to his throat and he was then punched in the face so hard that his skull was fractured, and he suffered a haemorrhage that moved his brain 16mm across his head.

So let me get this straight, some yobs throw litter at someone, he throws it back, they put a knife to his throat, then punch him and kill him and they get 4 friggin years???? WTF??? Surely they should be looking at life??? What sort of deterrent is this bloody judicial system showing???

:mad:

_44533350_anil282.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7326439.stm

Last edited:
Caporegime
Associate
"The knife was held to his throat and he was then punched in the face so hard that his skull was fractured, and he suffered a haemorrhage that moved his brain 16mm across his head."
It doesn't sound like they actually killed him with the knife, just punched him far too hard.
A 4inch blade could quite easily be a pocket knife which wouldn't involve any form of premeditation and would presumably be irrelevant anyway if they didn't kill him with it.

I'm not defending these thugs by the way, just the judge :p

Soldato
"The knife was held to his throat and he was then punched in the face so hard that his skull was fractured, and he suffered a haemorrhage that moved his brain 16mm across his head."
It doesn't sound like they actually killed him with the knife, just punched him far too hard.
A 4inch blade could quite easily be a pocket knife which wouldn't involve any form of premeditation and would presumably be irrelevant anyway if they didn't kill him with it.

TBH i didnt read the story properly :(

Caporegime

still illegal to carry though.

Caporegime
Disgusting. Our prisons can only hold something like 280,000 prisoners, needs to be at least double that tbh, then we can start handing out appropriate sentences.

Killing someone is a laugh to these kids :mad:

Caporegime
the only reason I'm against the death penalty is due to the minority of inncent people who get wrongfully convicted

these two scum bags don't deserve to live tbh... 4 years is a joke they could walk out of jail aged 21, probably with a few quals under their belt and carry on a normal life under new identities - that isn't a proper punishment - in fact they'll probably have better prospects as a result of this - they should have got 20 years tbh... come out middle aged and have to do menial jobs for the rest of their lives

ditto to the bulger killers - they spent a few years in what was basically a secure youth hostel and then were released with better job prospects than they'd have had in the first place (they were from Liverpool! j/k)

Soldato
As soon as 'children' are capable of doing such horrible things is the age at which they should be punished as 'adults'.

What a saddenning story :(

Back
Top Bottom