Holiday Advice

Associate
Not sure if im allowed to ask this on this paticulat forum, but basicaly my partner and i are looking to go on a weeks holiday (somewhere sunny) with our 2 year old daughter.

Nothing too pricey or cheap something in the middle, wondering if people have had good experiences anywhere paticular.

Soldato
your username looks like 'cojones' :p

Spain? Stay in a Parador somewhere. Not Costah dew Sow tho. Its well bad there!
You probably don't want a long flight with your little girl so somewhere in Europe tbh.
Italy's worth a shout too.

Permabanned
Not sure if im allowed to ask this on this paticulat forum, but basicaly my partner and i are looking to go on a weeks holiday (somewhere sunny) with our 2 year old daughter.

Nothing too pricey or cheap something in the middle, wondering if people have had good experiences anywhere paticular.

We have just come back from Centre Parcs in Sherwood Forest with our 4 year old daughter and we were more than happy, so much in fact we are going back! Now I know you said sunny but in terms of activities for the family it was great.

They way we worked it was some activities were family ones or I would look after our daughter while my wife was in the Aqua Sana, beauty treatments and massages etc and when I went off to try the archery my wife looked after our daughter.

Associate
OP
A Friend in work goes to Centre Pacs and he goes every year, he really enjoys it. I have a feeling the mrs wants to go abroad though.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, will have a look.

Soldato
The algarve in portugal is nice plenty of things to see and do out there, sunny nice beaches .

Aero

Soldato
Avoid Turkey like the plague - we went 2 summers ago for 2 weeks, had a horrible holiday and my girlfriend cried loads and practically booked a charter flight home....

Dont wanna ruin the atmosphere but I will list everything rubbish about it if you want.

*Warning applies to everyone at OCuk!

Caporegime
Anywhere around the Mar Menor in southern Spain, I go there frequently. Los Alcazares is right on the coast there and is where I stay. :)

beach21.jpg

The Mar Menor is a huge (135 square kilometres) salt-water lagoon, separated from the Mediterranean by the 24 kilometre long La Manga del Mar Menor (The Strip). The average depth of the Mar Menor is four metres and at its maximum it is seven metres which means that the seabed slopes very gradually and you have to get several hundred metres in before the water is of any depth.

The Mar Menor's salinity provides buoyancy so it is, supposedly, one of the safest places to swim in the world. The mineral-rich waters are said to have therapeutic effects and because of this the area has a significant spa tourism industry. The sludge in the salt pans is also credited with beneficial effects on the health, so there are often dozens of mud people wallowing in it at any one time.

My sister has an apartment there, she chose it as she has 4 kids (all under 7) who love nothing more to paddle in the sea, as the above says, you have to go a long way out before it gets over your knees. :)

Its not bad if you like a spot of Golf also. :)

Associate
Avoid Turkey like the plague - we went 2 summers ago for 2 weeks, had a horrible holiday and my girlfriend cried loads and practically booked a charter flight home....

Dont wanna ruin the atmosphere but I will list everything rubbish about it if you want.

*Warning applies to everyone at OCuk!

Tell me what you found bad about the trip as since I'm Turkish myself I find it very hard to believe you *did* not have a excellent holiday.

Soldato
Kefalonia or Skiathos? Both are stunning islands, hot, sunny, nice locals, great food...

Parents, me and brother went twice to Kefalonia and once to Skiathos. Hire a car out there (4x4) and go exploring. Get a map, visit all the nicest beaches, towns on the coast etc.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Would love to go to Egypt personally, has been one place i've wanted to go for some time, but like most women (no offence intended) my other half assumes the worse of Egypt due to the News, despite the fact she has been there with her parents when she was younger.

Thanks for the info everyone, going to have a search around.

Soldato
Anywhere around the Mar Menor in southern Spain, I go there frequently. Los Alcazares is right on the coast there and is where I stay. :)

[IMG)mar menor image[/IMG)

My sister has an apartment there, she chose it as she has 4 kids (all under 7) who love nothing more to paddle in the sea, as the above says, you have to go a long way out before it gets over your knees. :)

Its not bad if you like a spot of Golf also. :)

My grandad lives there, in San Javier around 10mins from Murcia airport.

Really hot there.. even at this time of year.

Back
Top Bottom