Virgin set to adopt three strikes policy

Soldato
god knows to get them kind of speeds he would need like 10 users seeding with no other leechers all with 10mb upload speeds. for example..

Most hosting companies dont allow it but dont actively look for them unless you take the proverbial.

But i expect there is a little bit of bull here as people are almost willy waving about speeds.

Newsgroups = more secure more speed end of really cant work out why anyone would to use dodgy torrents

Soldato
god knows to get them kind of speeds he would need like 10 users seeding with no other leechers all with 10mb upload speeds. for example..
That happens because you normally have to keep a ratio so whenever you download there's always several people seeding trying to increase theirs.

Permabanned
I'm not worried about this, I use SSL (secure socket layer) connections for my Newsgroup which is where all my illegals come from.
well i think paying for illegal downloads is just inasine!
Reliable service, terrabytes and terrabytes of content and secure socket layer connections is worth more than what you pay.
Originally Posted by Dist
Its not an option for everyone due to the price. Take giganews as an example, if you want to download the popular shows every week (lost, heroes, prison break etc...) you would need the silver package, or one of the unlimited packges if you wanted to watch them in HD. thats a minimum of $18 a month already, $25 if you want the unlimited package. Then add another $5 if you want ssl and an extra 10 connections. Which works out at $23 for 25gb/month or $30 for unlimited (so £11.50 and £15 for the 2 options, more if your bank charges extra for overseas billing).
I pay $15 a month (£7.50) for unlimited server with SSL, 10 connections which maxes out my connection. (heck even 4 connections can max out 20Mb)

Last edited:

TrX

TrX

Associate
sorry thats rubbish - SSL is built on PKI which prevents this - now I'm not saying that SSL cannot be broken but this would take a long time to derive the required keying to decrypt the packets (obviously the better the encryption the longer it would take to break)

No one has publicly cracked the SSL / TLS proto's we use today, however;
As Virgin media / BT etc already have advanced L7 routing in place that they were planning to use to do this whole nasty phorm thing.. (http://www.badphorm.co.uk/page.php?2)

It would not be that hard for them to MITM (They are planning to do anyway if you read how phorm works) and take it one step further to present you with a fake cert, most users just click allow or accept to those 'pesky' certificate warnings anyway.

Soldato
That happens because you normally have to keep a ratio so whenever you download there's always several people seeding trying to increase theirs.

I know how it works, im a member of several high profile sites with big well known seeders, hence my willy waving lol.

Thats why im having a hard time believeing some of these speeds people are stating

Hitman
Soldato
If VM (not limited to just them, I'd do it with any ISP I was with) carry on, then the first thing I'll be doing everytime my PC boots is hopping on my VPN - and I'm sure, given the knowledge/know-how, I wouldn't be the only one. They can try and monitor what I do and what I download all they please then.

Back
Top Bottom