How could they do this to me !! abysmal customer service ! Is this even legal ?!

Soldato
WHAT THE ****

NOW:

Couple months back:

******** !! I DIDNT ASK TO BE TRANSFERED TO TISCALI'S SERVERS !!

What are my rights folks ? im phoning them up as we speak, my 4 year rock solid 8mb line has come to an end :(:mad: Im paying for an unlimited (190gb allowence due to rubbish customer service couple years back) 8mb line at £25 a month

This is abysmal customer service and without my permission they have moved me, the physical server is now also double the distance as the old one.

If I demand to be transfered back to the origonal servers can I make them do that ?

EDIT: I actually feel physically sick im accessing the internet via tiscali eewwww only the WORST ISP since time began :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
that seams odd....

they haven't merged or anything have they? then you pritty much have no choice over it.

I think they have merged but thats not the point, why could they not of just left things as they were ?

Its customer service simple as that, im gonna quit they just lost all that money from me I would have paid them had they left things as they were

Associate
if they have merged.

it is there servers, maybe they are consolidating there infrastructure. instead of having 2 servers they now have one etc. but this one is now massively over subscribed.

if this is the case, you can only really complain, its up to 8MB remember.

come join the kids over at sky :p

Soldato
OP
Am currently deciding between UK online (skys broadband only service) or PlusNet PRO which is only 10gb a month daytime, unlimited downloads between midnight and 8am, but is prioritised so I always have fast internet for internet gaming etc

hmmmmmm desicions

Is there software that will allow you to monitor ALL computers on 1 network via one router? (amount of data transfered software) So I can see how much my house mates are using ? I can obviously put software on my pc, but id like to be able to install something on theres that allows me to access there PC's remotely and see how what they have downloaded......if that makes sense. I really cant be bothered to build a linux router box to do this, its to expensive, we currently have 4 PC's all connected via a netgear modem/router/firewall thingy

Last edited:
Associate
Is there software that will allow you to monitor ALL computers on 1 network via one router? (amount of data transfered software) So I can see how much my house mates are using ? I can obviously put software on my pc, but id like to be able to install something on theres that allows me to access there PC's remotely and see how what they have downloaded......if that makes sense. I really cant be bothered to build a linux router box to do this, its to expensive, we currently have 4 PC's all connected via a netgear modem/router/firewall thingy

no idea about software to do this, and it would have to be on all the PC's i would guess.

some modems/rooters actually count the data transferred.

entering pure speculation now: you could set up a Soekris box. its a small PC with no HD drive. install linux on it and you have a rooter that will do traffic shaping.

Soldato
Have you checked what speed your modems syncing at both before and now? In terms of the distance simple IP routing rules and how busy particular routers are could account easily for the <50 and ~100 miles.

What is strange I agree is your max download speed.

Soldato
switch to any of the other ADSL providers - ADSL24 are great - 30gb peak and 300gb off peak for £20 a month any i get 7.5mb download speeds with zero traffic shaping and restrictions.

I moved from tiscali about 18 months ago and never looked back

Soldato
i am with nildram and noticed i got changed over to the tiscali servers last night.

So far i haven't noticed any problems, downloads are still as fast. But i noticed the ping is up 10ms

Also i noticed on the adslguide forums a lot of people complaining about being put on the LLU service. I thought this was better than the standard adsl connection at the exchange.

I see i don't have tiscali equipment installed at my exchange, which i hope can only be a good thing.

Last edited:

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I was with nildram..until tiscali bought pipex..then bailed out as it was only ever going to go downhill with those clowns running things

went to Be* less money, and faster

Caporegime
switch to any of the other ADSL providers - ADSL24 are great - 30gb peak and 300gb off peak for £20 a month any i get 7.5mb download speeds with zero traffic shaping and restrictions.

I moved from tiscali about 18 months ago and never looked back

Have to agree, Enta. resellers are great, im on UKFSN, on their MAX 60gb package which is £29.99 a month, can't fault the service, very generous caps, and no traffic shaping as said, i get 5.5-6mb. :)

Back
Top Bottom