Litter row killers are sentenced

Soldato
Part of the problem is our laws on murder. We have one degree of murder where in you set out to kill the individual. Anything else is manslaughter which is where you kill someone by accident. We need something in between where deliberate harmful actions lead to death even if death wasn't the intended result.

So manslaughter, aggravated manslaughter and murder. I am of course of the opinion that both the later should have the same sentence. I couldn't care less if you didn't think punching someone hard in the head would kill them, you still deserve to get banged up for a long time for it.

Actually, manslaughter and murder do both carry a maximum sentence of life imprisonment. The judges do have the power in law to sentence someone to life. They of course choose the actual sentence based on what they've heard in court.
I can't think of anything they might have heard in court, however, that would justify such a lenient punishment here. I know there are philosophical and sociological arguments about sentencing, prisons etc, but when you come to an individual case like this, they've sentenced someone to two years (basically) for taking away someone's life. It clearly wasn't an accident, and that is all that should be taken into consideration.

Soldato
When judges hand out their sentences they really should be made to publicly explain how they came to that decision. I really don't see how anyone could think in their right mind that this is a fair sentence.

According to the article it's only 18months till they are released!

Soldato
Makes you wonder how you would feel if it was your brother or dad. tbh id kill em myself

Then some government **** says we must take action ourselves where possible and stop loutish behaviour, morons :mad:

They will serve maybe 2 - 3 years so in another 6 months they will be out. Disgusting, and to think these will be roaming the streets.

Caporegime
Makes you wonder how you would feel if it was your brother or dad. tbh id kill em myself

Then some government **** says we must take action ourselves where possible and stop loutish behaviour, morons :mad:

They will serve maybe 2 - 3 years so in another 6 months they will be out. Disgusting, and to think these will be roaming the streets.

The worst thing is, if the roles were and you did take action yourself, if you accidentally killed one of them you'd get sent down for a lot longer than 4 years :mad:

Soldato
Hmm why is it, that I see "honors student" gets killed by thug losers and think - these guys OWE society more than they can ever repay. Whilst there are no laws about being a nobody and never contributing to society, actively destroying it in this matter clearly warrents retribution.

Even if they were forced to be street sweepers working for the council for no pay for the rest of their lives, they will never put the input that the person they killed would into society.

Why is it, we always see the dumb & strong > intelligent...

Man of Honour
Sounds like they've been convincted of manslaughter to me, meaning they didn't actually intend to kill him.

Even manslaughter in these circumstances should carry a far higher sentence. These people are a danger to society and should not be allowed in it.

Maybe 10 years hard labour instead of 20 to life.

Although I'd argue that they showed intent to kill by pulling a knife.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Actually, manslaughter and murder do both carry a maximum sentence of life imprisonment. The judges do have the power in law to sentence someone to life. They of course choose the actual sentence based on what they've heard in court.
I can't think of anything they might have heard in court, however, that would justify such a lenient punishment here. I know there are philosophical and sociological arguments about sentencing, prisons etc, but when you come to an individual case like this, they've sentenced someone to two years (basically) for taking away someone's life. It clearly wasn't an accident, and that is all that should be taken into consideration.

I stand corrected then. The judge must therefor be an idiot!

Soldato
No, its simple and retarded scalability. Difference in intelligence is not high enough to increase survivability, yet slight difference in strength means overwhelming victory. On top of that, all you need is one more person, and the difference is overwhelming.

That is the real reason why jerks win. Nothing to do with any innate special talents or abilities, qualities of values. Simple scalability.

Back
Top Bottom