Starting WoW again...

Associate
Been away from WoW for a while now, but i find myself with spare time on my hands due to new shifts at work.
I gave away my old account to my brother, which he still uses now and again, so i wont be asking for that back.

I've got a new account up and running,WoW installed and am looking at some recommendations as to servers and guilds etc.

Any ideas are welcomed as i have no ties to any server. Always played on PvE servers before, but i'm open to starting a new character on a PvP server.

My experience with the game is not great, never had a char over level 35, only ever did a few instance runs with pick up groups.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh man why are you starting up again?
How long did you spend in rehab last time?
Say goodbye to all your mates now & get ready to get a wow face (as in never shave).

MERCILLESS ATHENE RULEZ........

Caporegime
Personally I'm a big hater of PvP servers. Rolled a character on there, got it to level 25 or so and into the contested zones, got ganked by different level 60's a few times, decided this wasn't my idea of fun and gave up. I see no reason why that will have changed. Others will tell you that PvP servers are the be all and end all but I don't believe them.

If you're starting afresh, then you must get the TBC expansion pack imo (only what? £10 these days?) and roll either a Blood Elf or a Dranei. Their staring areas are much better than the old ones and you can get some decent <lvl 20 gear from the starting quests and vendors. Unfortunately Blizzard decided not to add any more content after than so once you hit 20 it's back to Barrens-hell or wherever the alliance equivalent is :p

Associate
Same idea as me really mate, I have just rerolled on Nagrand as horde this time its a pve server but one of the newer ones, plenty of 70's about but also plenty of lowbies. Just started a guild called The Wurzels a fun friendly group of easy going mature players.

Server its self is a PVE and seems quite balanced across the two sides which is nice to see as my previous server was heavily bias towards the ally.

Soldato
I'm in the same boat as the guy above.

However I do not want to go PvP - PvE or RP only. I just don't know which one of these two. RP is great as the maturity levels are generally a lot higher than the PvE servers, but i'm guessing the endgame opportunities are less as too many are RP'ing and the population is generally lower.

What are peoples' thoughts on this? And any servers that are recommended?

Associate
lol i had no social life what so ever when was playin wow, i stopped playin about 4 months ago and just recently started BAD MISTAKE im not addicted to it, i just cba playin once i reached lvl 70 the game got crap, just daily quest and battlegrounds :(

Associate
Oh man why are you starting up again?
How long did you spend in rehab last time?
Say goodbye to all your mates now & get ready to get a wow face (as in never shave).

MERCILLESS ATHENE RULEZ........

am i the only individual in the world who didnt get hook on wow

i used to play

i enjoyed it

i only played in a casual way

i had a good social life and a girlfriend

i shaved (not all the time because my g/f likes a bit of a stubble/beard) :D

i did do abit less exercise tho but hey im a geek

Back
Top Bottom