Are you a good morning riser?

Associate
this is an easy one, but it does take some preperation.
Find a girl, settle down, fast forward 9 months then have a baby.

From that first night of your first born home you can safely go to sleep in the knowledge that you will get regular wake up calls every few hours. It is this formative months which train your brain to wake up all of a sudden to deal with a baby. Fast forward 3-4 months and if you are lucky said baby will awake for morning feed between 5-6am.

You can either opt to take on that feed allowing the girl to rest in the morning, which allows you to go to work, which allows the girl to look after said baby until you return from work. Then the handover occurs for bath, feed and stories. This takes you up until 7pm where you can fall asleep save in the knowledge that you will be woken up at 5-6am. Then just repeat. After 12-18 months you will never need an alarm clock and especially on weekends you can get all the chores, shopping, house cleaned before 11am. This leaves the rest of the weekend to chill.

For slow learners have another baby and repeat.

KJ

Man of Honour
I suffer from this too, I desperatley want to get up earlier so I'm not rushed in the morning

Set my alarm for 6 every morning, still end up getting up at 7:30, which leaves me no time for to relax at all

I don't know what it is, I even tried going to bed at 9 at one point thinking I'm not getting enough sleep, that just made it worse :eek: lol

Man of Honour
I go through phases. For a few weeks I set my alarm for 6 and get up every day smack on time with no hassle and then for a few months I'll always wake up hours late. I'm certain it's directly linked to life goals and the amount of exercise one is doing.

Soldato
I have to young baby boys and getting up at 6am to settle them or make bottles is the norm for me..

I like the mornings too so I don't rush to work, in fact I get here early most days with time to spare :)

Having kids forces your body into a routine.... Which has helped me.

Associate
I'm a fairly good riser of the morning. Dunno if its got something to do with the fact that i havent shut my curtains for about 4 years and i leave my TV on overnight since i fall asleep with it on.

Soldato
Absolutley not.

Since having a baby I have to wake up at all hours and i'm always a grumpy **** now.

I need 9 hours at least for me for me to be able to jump straight out of bed.

Unfortunaltey I don't go to bed at 10pm every night. Normally about 12. :(

Associate
I am 100% not a morning person, I have to set my computer alarm to blast rave music in the morning and I still manage to sleep through it and be late.

i have to keep changing the alarm music because i get used to them and sleep through

im not really bad in the morning its just that first push from the bed to the shower that i really get stuck on

Caporegime
Nope, definitely not. I'm surprised I'm up this early (day off college) as I went to bed at 05:00.

When it comes to getting up though, I always wait until I'm going to be late.

Associate
I used to be pretty useless at getting up early not rising until at least 8am when I should've been up (a lot) earlier. I've been trying to get more of a proper routine going, so for the past few months or so i've been waking up every morning just before 6am (setting my telly to turn on helps), getting up straight away or staying in bed for a half hour or so watching the telly. Strangely, what time I go to bed the night before doesn't seem to have any bearing on what time i'll wake up the next morning (seems to be working as sometimes I wake up before the TV turns on!)

Soldato
I set my alarm for half 8.

I woke up 20mins ago :/

-Set your alarm clock and place it as far from your bed as possible, so you have to get up and out of bed to turn it off.

I run out of bed, turn it off then jump back in and I'm asleep instantly. :p

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
The mornings don't sit well with me any more & all that know me know to avoid me. I am infected with Rage till about 2 hours after i wake & God help anyone that ***** with me. I used to wake at 6.50am so was Ok after 9am, Nowadays i wake at 8.55am so am not ok till gone 10am.
Rule in my house is do not knock without ringing first & even my Mother lives by those rules.
I can just about control myself most of the day but still have some serious issues to deal with that just cannot be controlled in those first 2 hours.
Yes i am :o about it but i am working on it.

Soldato
get a lady to wake you up nice and early, personal alarm clock?

By far the best alarm in the world ;).

I found an interesting article a while back about rising early, have a read. It's quite interesting! I haven't yet tried it though, but I guess it's a good idea if you live in a busy household.

I tend to be a little bit grouchy if I get woken from my sleep, even more so if its for a stupid reason. The ex used to have insane night terrors, waking up screaming - sometimes attacking me too and then she didn't remember it in the morning. I shouted at her a few times without realising when she woke me up screaming - something like "shut the **** up!!" or "go back to ******* sleep". Which is totally not like me!

Soldato
I have little choice. ;)

The trouble for me comes when I book a week off work and try and return to a normal sleeping pattern. It takes several days...

-Set your alarm clock and place it as far from your bed as possible, so you have to get up and out of bed to turn it off.-

I've been doing that since I was 13 or 14. When it was next to my bed I developed a habit of turning my alarm clock off in my sleep. :D

Back
Top Bottom