best 50mm fan

Associate
i need a quieter fan for my hd player,at the minute ive changed a 50mm for a 40mm just till i get a better 50mm fan the 40 noise level is 14dBA would a 22dBA be a lot louder thanks for any info

Soldato
I think every 10dB is twice the loudness. So say 20dB is twice as loud as 10dB roughly. So you're looking at atleast 1.5X as loud.

That said a 22dB fan would still be hard enough to here from more then a couple of meters away.

Is there any way of modding the hd player to fit a 80mm or even better a slow moving 120mm fan? They'd move plenty of air when undervolted and be pretty much inaudible. The Yate Loon 12DSL for example would be inaudible at 5 or 7V.

Associate
OP
thanks for the help darg but they have it so the power supply is right next to it so no room,plus its only about 80mm high the case itself,could it be that its vibrating of the frame of the player and thats whats making it sound louder as its fastened with 2 screws and no rubber washers in between the fan and frame,

Associate
decibel scale is a logarythmic scale meaning that 20bd is 10 times as loud as 20db.

And if you are looking for a quiet small fan then you probably will not find one. If you want them to move some air then they will have to be loud.

Back
Top Bottom