Electrical types - where should I buy capacitors from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
My DVD player has stopped working (everything works, but it doesn't send a video signal on either SCART or component) and I'd rather fix it than buy a new one. Yes, I know a new one only costs £20, but I like this one, and I'd rather buy one capacitor and have a stab at fixing it rather than slinging it.

Anyway... I've opened it up and there's a bad capacitor on one of the boards, I think it's the power distribution bit, which makes sense. It's made by someone called Fuhjyyu, and a bit of Googling suggests they make crap caps, so it's not a wonder it's gone.

Getting to the point: Where should I look to buy a new one?

Permabanned
The most obvious high street place is also a competitor so can't be mentioned.

Trouble is, a lot of component stores have branched out recently and started doing various computer parts etc. too, which means it may be difficult to get an answer here.

Associate
An online store named the two consecutive letters after t in the alphabet. Their a good place to get them from.

Please don't kill me if thats too close to linking to a competitor :(

daz

daz

Soldato
They do? Oh well. Sorry.

Just checked and they sell 512MB of RAM for £30, and the graphics cards they sell at Matrox G550s at £150. :o

Edit: And they sell all of two motherboards. And they're both Socket 754. How random lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom