Community Shield spoiler

Soldato
Originally posted by *FLASH*
I have to say on todays performances if Chelski gel as a team it will be hard for them to be stopped as title winners

Not really imo, i still think they are being over-hyped, they will challenge but IMO they won't win it

Associate
OP
i really enjoyed todays game but i dont think the game bared any relation on how the two teams are going to peform in the PL this season.

I thaught that howard played quite well but i am still sure that barthez will get plenty of games next season.

It is a shame that RVN missed his pen, that was quiet unusual but it was a good peformance all the same.

I am just suprised no one is talking about how man utd coped without veron and backham.

Ratty

Soldato
Again only time will tell it would be nice though to see a 4 horse race for ethe title rather than two running away year after year

I think i'd prefer a two horse race ;)

Soldato
It would make it more interesting but i still think towards the end the others will fade and the usual suspects will be left at the end to slug it out.

Soldato
I thought they looked slightly imbalanced on the right for a while, but Ole soon put that to rest with his mauling of Cole

I wouldn't say mauling coz i don't remember him taking Cole on many times, they usually sent the ball over him and thats when he was exposed

Soldato
Originally posted by Ratty
i think that Chelski will strugle away from home against smaller teams but will definetly take points off us (man utd) and arsanal.

Ratty

I cant understand why everyone is underrating Chelskis chances

they now have amazing strength in depth and I would be very scared if they gelled as a team early on as they could go on and win the title before xmas;)

Permabanned

Just as we (Liverpool) always stumble mid-season and wonder what might have been,and Spurs would be good if they could keep everyone fit,Chelsea will always flatter to deceive -its just the way of things ;)

Soldato
dont forget I was sat 2 rows away from the back of the stadium it looked like a mauling from up there:D

I would say he had the better of Cole but mauling is abit of a harsh word to use

From this performance I think we need to bring in Aliadiere as our new striker. Jeffers is poor and Bergkamp is past it. Also wouldn't mind Pennant being thrown in.

Defensively we looked decent, when i realised Toure was marking RvN i was about to collapse but he played VERY well. I was well impressed, last season he was like a maniac, he was very composed and not rash at all today.

Soldato

they now have amazing strength in depth and I would be very scared if they gelled as a team early on as they could go on and win the title before xmas;)

No chance whatsoever, The players they have bought wouldnt get into the starting 11 of any of the top 4 (bar duff and cole) the players in chelsea's starting lineup last season are better man for man (bar Pettite ) than those who are supposed to be replacing them.
4th place for chesea at best.
I would even go as far as to say boring boring Liverpool will give them a right old tonking next week end if Raneri makes wholesale changes from the team that beat liverpool last season.

Permabanned
Todays performances by both teams will have no impact on how season is likely to turn out.

I doubt chelsea will win league this season, id be surprised if they push arsenal, newcastle and man utd out the top 3.

Last season they conceeded a LOT of goals away from home and i dont see that changing this year as they have same keeper and centre backs

Soldato
Originally posted by astraman

Cough !!! What about Scholes First Half?? Ok like Most Man U fans suffer from Memory loss,
well it's true they can never find the ground hehe thank God for Sky,
and what about Van missalots dive in the box whe he tried to cover up his miss !!!!!!
you only sing when you are winning, thought you were poor ,flat,boaring, lacked any ideas . y
:rolleyes:

Umm, well Spurs drew today & I am not a Man U fan so I am neither singing nor were my team as you describe.

Originally posted by Jazz
I see you have been watching the match with ur tinted glasses ;) hehe. Isn't it a suprise you happen to support spurs as well :eek:

Oh deary deary me. No tinted glasses here, imo retalliation = red card. Cole, Jeffers & Campbell each retalliated after a tackle & should have been off, thus there should have been no chance for Arsenal to be a better team as they would have been crushed most likely. Nothing like seeing it through tinted specs...I cannot see how if you are trying to be impartial you can disagree. Arsenal may have played better in the 2nd half...but they should never have had that chance.

Regarding Scholes iirc that was a late challenge, a kick to the shin & worthy of a yellow card, nowt more, maybe a 2nd yellow for Lauren for play acting or clearly he buys shin pads made of paper.

Added to the fact there should have been no free kick for your goal, maybe you should take off your specs ;)

Originally posted by Jazz
Vieira didn't do much wrong imo

Oh come on. He dived for the free kick, he could have EASILY stayed on his feet, he also play acted on every foul made on him throughout the game, he probably spent the longest on the ground than any other player. A shame as he is an excellent player.

On a side point, wtf was your keeper doing for those first 2 penalties, bizarre technique which didn't work. :p

xgfunk

X

xgfunk

hehe just like to go back to the interview with wenger after the match, i was sitting thinking christ here we go, hell go on about ow he didnt see the Jeffers incident or something stupid, but no, he said he deserved it, i was like WOW maybe wenger has a new season resolution, but then he said no i didnt see the other 2 LOL got me in stitches, i love watching wenger interviews.

Oh and i know people have Mentioned RvN and his late reaction dives, as a Man U fan it naffs me off n all, he is soo classy he just doesnt need to do stupid things like that :(. i love him all the same though ;)

Soldato
great getting the first bit of silverwear :)

i thought we played well in bits and bobs with neither side at their vintage best.

Djemba Djemba looks a very good midfielder. Impressed me with his work rate at the Confederations Cup. He seems to be just as good defensively as going forward and not afraid to shoot either :)

Howard, besides the goal i thought he made a very good debut. Bout time we had a quality conventional keeper to calm the defense but needs to improve his communication skills with the defense.

By the looks of things Fergie wants to pack the midfield with hard working players both capable of defending and attacking. Kleberson should sign tommorrow hopefully and if we can get two top defenders and another striker we could be in for a good season domestically. Still think we are along way short of Real Madrid though.

Back
Top Bottom