Working for Sage (UK)

Associate
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone here works for Sage? I am looking at a job advertisement for a Developer position and im just curious as to positions within the company.

Also wondering about what kind of salary I could expect from working for Sage along with career prospects.

Cheers for any info in advance!

~J~

~J~

Soldato
There is a member who frequents here, usually late at night if he's having trouble ;)

I'm sure he'll be on later....

Associate
OP
Cool, thanks.
There is no salary specified on the job description so I am just curious, im sure it will probably be in the region of the industry standard, I am more concerned with Sage as an employer.

Cheers.

Associate
OP
Don't know.
The advert has only just been placed with a closing date of the 30th April. This is for the R&D team in Newcastle as far as I can understand from the advert.

Associate
I'm sure you'll enjoy working with a myriad of perplexed customers that wonder how you can sell an enterprise level accounts package that has limitations that were legacy in 95 :p

Soldato
I know a couple of decent developers there. Working on mobile (blackberry) integration projects I believe. Doubt they would be there if it was terrible.

I doubt the pay is brilliant - but I'm not sure what the norm is up there.

Associate
OP
Yeah, just wondering what the pay banding will be. I cant seem to find any information about it, apart from the fact that it says C11. I am assuming the hours will just be regular full time office hours, but again im unsure.

Associate
why don't you just phone them up speak with their HR department and ask them what the payscale is in the bracket C11 as you are thinking of applying for a job they have advertised and don't want to waste yours or their time.

Associate
OP
Ahh rite cool. Im gonna give them a ring in the morning and see what the pay is like. Will try and get some more details about the post aswell as the advert seems pretty general.

Thanks

Associate
OP
Its more the locality. I have been working in research for the past 2 years after qualifying from a computer programming course at university (achieved a 2:1) so I am looking to get a foot into the commercial industry. Just seemed like an opportunity. Not looking at working in the financial industry, more in a development team is what I am interested in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom