Sex After Marriage????

Man of Honour
@ OP..

That's very commendable but at the same time how do you know that the person you will marry will be the person you will be for the rest of your life? You don’t, because you can’t take anything for granted.

Also, have you considered that maybe when you are older, you might want to try and spread your wings a bit? You are only 21 and most of us do change as we get older. Having one partner all your life is a tough decision and commitment to make when you have all your life ahead of you.

I know a lot of people/couples who have been in a similar position as you but then they start going out then it’s only a matter of time before you meet someone. The rest just ends in tears.

I know I'm generalising and there are those that are genuine but the fact is that we all just human and our quest for lust and affection is part of that nature.

In my opinion, lead an open minded life when you are young free and single because things are so much different when you have a family.

Associate
OP
Megz, the decision you've made is excellent. There's so much promiscuity in society these day that I wish there were more like you! It really would solve so many problems!

Whilst I'm not a Christian, I do have great respect for the morality that Christianity teaches. The simple fact that Britain is now 'multi faith' and Christian principles are no longer instilled into a large percentage of our youth probably contributes massively to our dire situation!

To all the naysayers out there suggesting that Megz will be very disappointed if her future husband is crap in the sack : Her decision won't be clouded by his size or technique. The marriage will be purely about love, respect and adoration. It'll be great either way!

/ramble ramble ramble

Thank You. As I have mentioned, I hope I do not have sex before marriage. Though, I am human with sexual tendencies. I remember once telling my parents this and they were shocked as they never waited until they were married - they had a few partners before they met each other.

Soldato
I couldn't go out with a girl who didn't want sex before marriage. I believe the complete opposite. There's no way I would make a promise to spend the rest of my life with someone before I completely know them.

I have no doubt that sex with someone you really like is hundreds of times better than casual sex, but I don't see that as a reason to avoid casual sex. If you have a few crap shags with random people, that doesn't make sex with someone special any less good. I guess it means I'm not particularly bothered about seeking out casual sex, but if the opportunity arises then why not go for it?

Soldato
OP - if that is your belief and desire then congratulations on sticking to them.

However, I wouldn't buy a lifetime supply of ice-cream with sampling the flavour first ;) :p

Associate
However, I wouldn't buy a lifetime supply of ice-cream with sampling the flavour first ;) :p

lolz! Couldn't put it better myself! :D

For what it's worth, I was interested in finding some statistics about how many ppl don't believe in sex before marriage (I'm guessing not that many), and, of those, how many of those actually make it to getting married before having sex. (guessing not too many either)

Found this:
95% of americans have had premarital sex

Can't seem to find the original source, but basically says that,

- "based on interviews conducted with more than 38,000 people—about 33,000 of them women—in 1982, 1988, 1995 and 2002 for the federal National Survey of Family Growth."

- "According to Finer’s analysis, 99 percent of the respondents had had sex by age 44, and 95 percent had done so before marriage."

- "Even among a subgroup of those who abstained from sex until at least age 20, four-fifths had had premarital sex by age 44, the study found."

I'm not implying anything by these, just thought they were interesting.

I'm guessing the figures would generally be higher in this country, due to not having as high a proportion of fundmentalist religeous types (I think) or a government-backed abstinance program.

Interestingly, it also says that,

- "The study found women virtually as likely as men to engage in premarital sex, even those born decades ago. Among women born between 1950 and 1978, at least 91 percent had had premarital sex by age 30, he said, while among those born in the 1940s, 88 percent had done so by age 44."

Which suggests that it ain't a new thing!

Last edited:
Soldato
Megz i dont want to sound rude or perverse, but could you post a pic of you self? If you are pretty hot i dont think you will have a problem with your views but if not you are screwed!

Caporegime
Sex after marriage...does it still exist?? How do you value a girl who does not believe in sex before marriage???? Would you date a girl who had such views?? lol, wondering what others thought. :p
No, I would never marry someone I hadn't slept with, on a regular basis. Whats the point if she's **** in bed? I don't want to get bored in a few years, if I marry someone, one of the reasons would be because she would be sexy, and turned me on, and knew how to do certain things.

I have no interest in training a virgin.

Soldato
Sex is sex,it becomes different when you actually truely love the person. I didn't see a point in waiting as a girl i know even says what if they're crap.....also if you marry too old you aint go too long of a sex life left OR you end up like those old couples on these "oooh im old and still having sex" programs. Doesn't help that my current GF is right into it either.

Soldato
Sex is just sex, if 2 people have enough passion about eachother then it will be good. On the other hand id be a little wierded out by a man who could go 2 maybe 3 years without sex, i find it impossible to go more than 3 weeks and start to question my sanity at that point.
If both are virgins then id say you stand more of a chance of it working out but for an experienced man to go so long without any sex is a big ask id think though i suppose it prooves his love and solid relationship.

Back
Top Bottom