Channel 4 & The Simpsons

Ogs

Ogs

Associate
The newer Simpsons i find are absolutely god awful, i just cant watch them. I started watching the Lurleen Lumpkin returns one and i just had to turn it off, hard stuff to watch :/ I used to love it, but now it just seems to either involve wannabe Family Guy humor (which is weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee poor, FG rocks though), stick in a few celebrities and *poof* another shovel episode.

No swearing please - Zefan.

Soldato
The newer Simpsons are just rubbish, they're blatantly running out of ideas fast. They've changed loads of the voices too, which is also gay :(

Associate
Your not missing nothing, i think the simpsons are getting a bit long in the tooth.
It started happening just before the film came out, they seem to be running out of ideas, i hardly even "Chortle" at any new episode i see.
Family Guy is the best cartoon now.

Are you kidding? The latest Family Guy season is cringeworthy, they're just using the same gags over and over again.
GOD ALMIGHTY! HE FIGHTS A CHICKEN! IT WAS FUNNY THE FIRST TIME! NOW IT'S JUST DULL!
I mean you'd think they'd have learnt from The Matrix Reloaded :p

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Season 2-8 is some of the best TV you can watch, 9 is ok, from 10 on wards is with out a doubt god awful and I find them painful to watch :mad:

FTM

FTM

Soldato
futurama for the win!

please to get my Benders Big Score movie the other week as I forgot all about it..next one due for release in June I think

Associate
futurama for the win!

please to get my Benders Big Score movie the other week as I forgot all about it..next one due for release in June I think

I aint seen benders big score ... whats this next one for june??

Yeh i love family guy, hopefully the new series (27th or 30th april i think?)will be funny, as the last few have been ... okay.

Southpark is funny at the mo and King of the Hill is still going :eek: :cool:.... some people dont like king of the hill but you have kinda gotta get into it, get to know the characters and stuff, i like it :cool:

Soldato
The Simpsons has just been around for way too long now, the episodes have just got so formulaic and a bit too random for its own good.

In some ways I'm glad they canceled Futurama before it could be ruined. I was a bit concerned that the new feature-length episodes would be awful, but Benders Big Score was pretty good, even if they did shoehorn in a few too many cameos. A worthy addition to my collection anyway!

Oh, and mentioning South Park, have you seen the Guitar Hero episode? Its genius. :D

PK!

Man of Honour
Series one is pretty good. But I just can't stand his voice or crappy drawing.

But agree, c4 should buy rights to show some of the newer series. I mean sky must be willing to sell some of the older series.

Associate
Oh, and mentioning South Park, have you seen the Guitar Hero episode? Its genius.

Yeh that ones well funny!! :D

This new series so far looks really good tho ... check out the ep major boobage tis really good - but the best one imo 'overlogging' !!

Will be watching the new one aired last night 'super fun time' when i get back from work :cool:

Soldato
I used to absolutely love The Simpsons to bits - every episode would have true quality moments to remember and laugh about. Eventually they just seemed to lose it somehow, becoming celebrity vehicles and losing the magic. I watch the reruns on C4 (though I also don't like the first couple of seasons too much) but guess I'm pretty sick of even the classics now.

Back
Top Bottom