iphone 'no service' on vodafone after unlock

Associate
I just unlock an iphone with iliberty+. I was stuck at recovery mode at first and had to restore (using itune) at firmware 1.1.4

The, i use iliberty+, every process went well and completed.

However, once i put the vodafone sim in all i get is ' no service ' on the top, other functions seems to work ok,.. music..

I also try orange sim. it work get full signal.. put the vodafone sim back.. NO service..

Vodafone coverage is great in my area. I can see the antenna (about 200 m. away)

I have search and can NOT come up with potential so solutions.

I try
- restore, reset and using iliberty+ again..
- restore, reset and iplus (whole process)
- using different vodafone sims.

but no luck.. I do not want to use Ziphone as it will change bootloader to 3.6 and will become almost permanent (for now)... unless anyone can convince me...

anyone please....

Last edited:
Check out Google, there are multiple reports of people having a reception issues.

I'm seeing lower than normal reception at home with the iPhone, the N95 got full bar - the iPhone gets 1-2 if I'm lucky.

There is a report that plugging it into dock boosts signal, some others say sticking a piece of paper against the back of the sim card to push it closer to the contacts works... can't see how though tbh.

Associate
OP
thank you for the comments...

I do not think it is the coverage problem as i m very close to the GSM antenna (about 200m.) I never get a signal since i finish my unlock process, no matter i go, i have 'no service'.

There many things that could cause 'no service'
but i do not think these are not my case
1. no coverage ( as explain above)
2. hardware problem ( i can get reception from ORANGE network (full), unless there is another type of reception in iphone which is not working)
3. Unlock software does not complete the process ( all are done complete, no errors)

still.. heerrr...please help

Soldato
It sounds like a baseband problem.. but i'm not quite sure why it would effect Voda and not Orange.

I'm not sure it will help, but if you want to drop me a mail I can give you the custom pwnage flash file that I used (assuming you have a PC and not a Mac?)

Associate
OP
Bradley8988 I used ziphone and my vodafone works fine
I do not want to go over to the ziphone side yet... not until i know extactly, *** is the cause..

Have you checked that your sim is in properly?
yes

It sounds like a baseband problem.. but i'm not quite sure why it would effect Voda and not Orange.

I'm not sure it will help, but if you want to drop me a mail I can give you the custom pwnage flash file that I used (assuming you have a PC and not a Mac?)

it could be, i will PM you my email... btw.. i on windows vista and have not try pwnage (win) yet...

Soldato
Can you double check your sim is in properly?

It's just that if there isn't contact you'll get that "no service" message.

edit: Having re-read your op the above is useless advice. Hmmm.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Can I use Ziphone 3.0 over bootloader 3.9 fake bank with 1.1.4 restore firmware.... ?

As i understand Ziphone will flash the the bootloader... no matter what is it right?

Just getting tried of flashing using winpwg..... (not really sure how to do use bootneuter)...

Associate
OP
Yes finally get SOME reception... still... I think i just ran into another problem...

I have only 3 to none reception.... It seems that I have another reception problem...

Back
Top Bottom