Convertible recommendations

Associate
Hi my current car is a 1.4s golf 5 door (the only car i have ever driven), im 24 (25 in June). I would like something sporty, looks good and doesn't break the bank balance (factoring in running costs insurance etc..) I've always wanted a cabrio and now i have the chance im thinking why not?

I initially had my heart set on an m3 cabrio, but due to the area i live in and not having a garage i dont want to fork out 15k+ only to see my car get keyed/scratched etc.. We are therefore looking into buying a new house (purely due to not being able to park my car outside safely!) and due to the current housing markets guarded prognosis we are going to wait it out until things stabilize somewhat.

In the meanwhile i am concentrating on building a decent deposit for the house, but the large lump of money in the bank and driving the golf is REALLY tempting me to buy something half-reasonable just for the summer and until the housing market is suitable. Another MUST is 4/5 seater..

A4? M3? BMW 3 series convertible? are those my only options? Budget 10-15k

Caporegime
e36 m3 evo :D

seriously though, why put your money into a depreciating asset if you want to use that money for a deposit.
stick it in the bank and earn interest on it instead.
if you really must scratch that convertible itch do it much cheaper (like i have).

Caporegime
A 328 Convertible would be the sensible way into e36 soft tops, in the real world, not that much slower than an M3 but far far cheaper to run & insure.

Whilst most e36's have a "chav image", the convertible, imo, manages to avoid such an image. :)

Caporegime
He is looking at an M3 Convertible, I highly doubt he is wanting a 306/megane.

Go with the BMW, what about an mx5?

I never said get a 306 and most definitely wouldnt say get a megane. my point is that he is saving for a reason, buying a depreciating asset with money that is gaining interest is madness. If he has to get a convertible, make it a cheaper one.

I do know he was looking at M3's, hence my silly comment about an E36 M3... but you failed to notice that.

Good job on the mx5 idea though..

Back
Top Bottom