How do i debrand a n95 8GB ???

Associate
Hi

I don't mean to thread hijack, but, does the same apply to the N95? If I were to get it unlocked at a hight street store, would I then be able to re-flash and de-branned myself?

Associate
it doesn't need unlocking to be unbranded. There are loads of threads on here already that tell you how to do it just use the search facility. It works for most nokia phones.
As for unlocking, If you are on a vodafone monthly contract they will now give you the unlock code for free.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I just picked up the phone from the post office and it a sim free model (not branded) :o (so this has made me very :))

(As i bought it off the bay and i thought it was going be a Vodafone branded one)

Soldato
Cliosport said:
Debrand S60 Guide (N- Series, E-Series, Navigator Series)

The Guide:
1. Ensure that you have installed the Nokia PC Suite (on the CD supplied with the phone), make sure that your phone is connected via the USB cable and that it has been detected.

2. Download the following 2 pieces of software:

* Nemesis Service Suite - Direct download link

* The Nokia Software Updater -

3. Install Nemesis Service Suite. Open the program and then click the "Scan for new Device" icon in the top right of the screen. The screen should then be filled with information, click the "Phone Info" button at the top of the screen. Then click the "Read" button. Amongst other things this will show you the current product code of your phone. You now need to change this to a generic Nokia code. A standard code for the UK that you can use is 0534841 (N95 ONLY), for a full list of codes see The Nokia Blog. Replace the current product code with this new code. Then check the enable box and click the "Write button". You have now changed your phones product code! You can double check this by clicking the read button again, this should show your new product code.

4. You may at this stage wish to back up you contacts/files to carry over to the unbranded phone, to do this use Backup utility within the Nokia PC Suite.

5. You now just have to install the new firmware update. Make sure that you phone is connected to you computer through the USB cable and then open the Nokia Software Updater that you previously downloaded. Follow the step by step instructions and install the new firmwear. Do not at any time disconnect the phone until it tells you that it is safe to do so. Note the phone will restart itself during the update process.

6. That's it, you phone has now been debranded! You can now restore your files/contacts by going back into the Backup utility, however I suggest that you do not restore settings to the phone as this puts back some annoying operator defaults such has changed menu layouts.

7. If you wish to update your phones firmware in the future you simply need to use the Nokia Updater as usual as your phones product code will not need changing again.

Associate
I'm having troube with the debranding process. Nokia software updater says i'm already running the latest firmware - i really need to get this 3 rubbish off there! Any ideas?

Soldato
I have the same phone (N95 8GB) from Three and from what I recall with conversations with them is that it cant be done to Three phones. I am probably wrong here but who knows for once I might be right !!

I just uninstall all the software that came with the phone and it works a treat. By "3 Rubbish" can yopu say what you want removed?

Associate
Yeah, not sure really. I'm new to the phone so i'd like no 3 branding on the main menu screen and the Launcher and various things point to 3 sites so those too. I'll have a play and see what I can remove manually - thanks!

Associate
Ok, managed to debrand it. Found a great link here http://nokia.nigelcoldwell.co.uk/firmware.htm

I chose a generic Euro firmware code and after a reboot the nokia software said I could reinstall the latest firmware - now all the 3 stuff has gone. Phone seems faster although I can't seem to find settings in the menu anymore!

EDIT: found it under tools nevermind!

Last edited:
Permabanned
Sounds good mate... Mine was from o2 so it wasn't all that bad... I did a vodafone one for my mate... both worked fine :)

Back
Top Bottom