Baby Fight Club

Soldato
I haven't watched this yet, got it on the Sky+ though. I started martial arts when I was 6. Karate, tae kwon do, gung fu, boxing, jeet kune do, muay thai... I was in competitions/tournaments by the time I was 8 and invited to fight for GB when I was 10.

There's nothing up with a bit of keep fit, disciplined training and tournaments so long as the kids enjoy it imho. They're a whole lot less likely to turn into chav scum than some dope brought up in a house full of booze-heads (or worse) who don't care if their child even goes to school, let alone gets a hobby and keeps fit. Meh.

Soldato
Dosnt really bother me, Keep fit, very well disciplined, and tough for what the future brings.

Gets a LoL from me tbh

Soldato
that crap is pretty screwed up and i notice on the cage fight people were paying thousands for a ticket and i bet the kids fighting don't see a penny of that....

it seemed to me that the parents were trying to get their kids to do what they failed at. One of the dads said he failed at fighting so he is pinning his failure onto the kid and getting the kid to do what he could not.

pretty despicable...

Caporegime
mmm not sure about this one as they might be a bit exploited but as a general principle I don't have a problem with kids sparing.

I used to do karate as a kid and we'd regularly spar with each other at the end of a session - so long as they've got he appropriate protection in place (head guards etc..) then I don't have a problem with it.

Soldato
I fought when I was 5 and upwards. I think depending on how you were brought up depends on whether you know you want to fight or not at that age. English children are so protected (I grew up in SA) compared to other parts of the world.

Permabanned
I'd rather my kid learnt to fight than play some nancy sport like soccer, at least it would be useful, along with teaching it to not use it unless he has to mind, discipline and what not.

Associate
I used to do boxing and karate when i was a nipper at about 5 years of age. nothing forced on by parents i just fancied it. My mam never really had any interests in it but cheered me on. I just grew out of it. But there parents are obsessed with making them the best at it.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Just seen a few videos on youtube.

The kids seem to like it, They seem to have a heap of confidence aswell, and they are really fit.

I dont see much wrong with it. Its not bare knuckle street fighting so i dont see anything wrong with it.

IIRC in South Korea a lot get taught Tae kwon do from a young age and buy the time they are older they are very skilled and disciplined

Soldato
I watched this and thought it was a pretty decent show! If the kids like it, why not let them do it? When/if i have kids if they want to do it i will let them! Im not gonna wrap my kids in cotton wool so they become oblivious to the "real" world!

Soldato
I don't really see a problem.

The person who said these parents shouldn't be allowed to have kids is an idiot. The only thing that I thought was slightly disturbing is when the little girl was crying before getting in the ring, but I think this was down to her being shy rather than not wanting to fight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom