Shall i get a PS3?

Soldato
ive been using my ps3 more than the 360 lately :D tbh there both great machines.

as rp2000 said theres is a gt4 pack, it was priced at £319 in the train station ;)

Soldato
Yes get a PS3.

Like others, my 360 has barely seen the light of day since christmas and everything has been played on PS3.
My 360 is on the way out anyway i think, the fans are churning away like nobodies business and its just generally a bit shabby.

Soldato
Well, and don't jump on me as a troll please.

Every time we see a new game, that pushes the 360, It does seem to pick off the weak or already dying 360s. For instance, Bioshock and Mass effect, Both killed a fair few. It's only reasonable to think maybe the same will happen when GTA4 hits.

It's not a bad thing like, Eventually the weak 360s will all have died off, and we'll only see solid ones. Which is a good thing

Soldato
^ and how do we know those 360s weren't about to fail anyway, regardless of what game happened to be in the machine at the time?

No one is going to know that, But what we DO know is that heat is the problem, and GTA4, Mass Effect and Bioshock are all very hardware intensive.

And the point still remains, Weak 360s could die due to the game straining the 360. Not to the point a strong solid 360 couldn't handle it, But to the point one of the weaker ones couldn't.

Which means, With GTA4 being released, Chances are we will see 360s dying again.

Ok guys got some money burning a hole in my pocket and have the urge to spend...(even though i probably shouldnt).

Cool.

Anyway, is it a good time to get a PS3? i see most deals have GT5:p with the console.. however are there any good deals out there?

If you look around on the net there are plenty of good deals for the PS3, and surprisingly the games you get with it are usually the better rated ones, like R&C, Uncharted etc, seems company's are finally realising sticking a few poor low budged games with a console these days just doesn't help it sell.

Also, are Sony going to be releasing a new revision of the PS3 anytime soon, ie one with more usb ports and a larger HDD ?? Is there going to be a GTAIV pack at all?

There have been rumours for an age now that they may release an 80gb version in the Europe with back com-pat and an extra 2 usb ports, latest information I can find on this is here - http://kotaku.com/372642/europe-may-get-80gb-playstation-3-by-summer and here http://www.playstatic.com/news/1270.

I have a 360 and am thinking of trading in some old crappy games and getting GTA IV on the 360...but i might want to get it on the PS3 if its any better on the PS3.. decisions decisions!!!

Well according to IGN's latest review here http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/869/869485p1.html the PS3 has less loading times, less pop-up, and better textures, but obviously you don't get the extra DLC with the PS3 version, so it's depends on how important that is for you and which version your mates are getting, it would be silly get it on the PS3 if all your mates are playing on 360 live.

Permabanned
Well according to IGN's latest review here http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/869/869485p1.html the PS3 has less loading times, less pop-up, and better textures, but obviously you don't get the extra DLC with the PS3 version, so it's depends on how important that is for you and which version your mates are getting, it would be silly get it on the PS3 if all your mates are playing on 360 live.

GTA games are about the single player IMO and it sounds as if the MP in this is nothing to write home about anyway.

Associate
Just ordered a PS3 today for £227 (40 gig, no games, new). I have been thinking of switching over to a ps3 for some time and that seemed too much of a bargain to pass up.

I also ordered R&C for £20, also a bargain. I'll get GTA 4 and Uncharted (can also get this for £20) when everything else arrives :D

Back
Top Bottom