The next step

TDK

TDK

Associate
Can anyone help, I Have this idea for a website which i believe will be very successful, however I am now at the stage where I don't know what to do next. I can describe the site as a video social networking site, with a unique concept behind it, setting it far apart from the likes of youtube.

I've spent the past months developing the idea on paper, but i now want to get the project going. I am no computer buff and certainly cannot do it myself. I do know that it will need a custom script and would be a complex site taking up a lot of bandwith. Do I just go to a coder and tell them the idea? what's to stop them from stealing the idea? Has anyone else been in a similar situation starting up a site?

Many Thanks
:)

Associate
You'll need some form of NDA in place.

Finding a coder to do it might be expensive, the bandwidth costs possibly massive if it ends up being a popular video delivery site. I'd find an investor that's willing to fund it, that's what youtube did.

Associate
I don't think anyone will be willing to sponsor them unless he sees the site's up and running and that it's popular.

For your information, if it's a site like youtube (size/build, not the idea), then it takes a team of developers to do it, not a single person, and it costs <a lot of> money.

TDK

TDK

Associate
OP
Hi, thanks for the replys, i do think the site will need a team in place, and yeah i don't think external buisnes angels would invest without some sort of built site / prototype in place. Where would you go to find a reputable team ( would they need to be based in the UK) and how much are we talking to get this up and running, I have some savings which i am willing to invest. Many Thanks.

wait for a better response but for now I'd say at least 6/7K purely because of what your asking, for a whole team to spend time on making this and some of the features required will require a lot of hours which will quickly quickly become lots of money.

again what for people who know exactly what there talking about but i figured i'd offer a very rough estimate for the moment.

Back
Top Bottom