Why do we pay our taxes?

Soldato
Just been woken up by the dog barking and a huge ruckus outside my house.

We live in a nice, quiet residential area about two miles from Kenilworth town (those who know it will know how quiet it is!) and we don't normally get any trouble around here.

Anyway, next thing I hear my mum shouting at somebody from her bedroom window telling them to "pick that up, there's people and dogs that walk up this road" (we have a nature reserve 200 yards from our house).

So I got up and went out to see what was the problem, which turned out to be two cars full of 18 year old kids, most of which were drunk including the driver of one of them I think and they'd had some problems on a night out which in turn lead to one of them smashing a bottle of carlsberg outside my house and then a girl started screaming her head off at her boyfriend (the possible drunk driver) for not sticking up for her at some point during the night when they had a problem with a "40 year old bloke".

Whilst I went down to sort it out, my mum called the police and told them what was going on and that I'd gone out to try to calm them down. She was told a unit would be dispatched immediately.

40 minutes later, myself and another lad who lives opposite had managed to get them to move on and we're left still waiting for the police. The one who I thought may be drunk has left his car (a Saxo) unlocked with the passenger window down and his headunit still in.

It's been an hour now and still no sign of the police and no sign of the driver.

The police are utterly useless round here, what if the lads had had knives or it had kicked off, the police certainly wouldn't have been there to do anything. Just the same as I now have a car abandoned on my street....

Useless.

Permabanned
What a plank.

What, you expect police officers to turn up immediately to every group of drunk teenagers in the country?

You do realise the numbers of police - drunks yes?

You did manage to solve the situation yes?

Or the whole lot of you could have stayed in bed and not bothered.

I'd rather the police be called out to real emergencies tbh.

Plank.

Soldato
OP
What, you expect police officers to turn up immediately to every group of drunk teenagers in the country?

You do realise the numbers yes?

Plank.

I'm not even going to bother.

Permabanned
Don't then! :p

Edit must say, didn't read the headunit bit. So take back some of that, but even still. A stolen radio, even if the crime is in action is probably not going to top their priority list for the evening.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
If you knew about the area then you may have understood what I was trying to say.

We very rarely have trouble around here as it's a nice area, then a call comes in to say there's a disturbance outside with bottles being smashed and lots of shouting (no mention of age to the police) and that somebody had gone out in an attempt to calm it down.

Regardless of whether it's as high on their list as a brawl in the next town, theres a reason why we have "Kenilworth" police...and that is to patrol Kenilworth to make sure all is well. You'd be surprised about what ranks as a high priority incident here, considering front page news is Mrs Smith's prize pansy's dying...

Caporegime

You do realise the numbers of police - drunks yes?

Plank.

Rite, ok...

So you say the police shouldnt turn up to every drunken group of people no? Ok, so lets have a look here shall we, we have 2 groups of teenagers, alcohol, an unknown situation and the uncertainty about weapons. Its fairly safe to suggest something could have happened. 2 gangs can fight, with god knows what weapon, and people can get hurt. people can try to intervine from the neighbourhood and could get stabbed or shot. the driver who is drunk could drive off and run someone down, someones child, your child, you!

Unless im very much mistaken the police are a service designed to PREVENT crime, not just clean up the mess after it. By your reconing police should only be called out to emmergencies or real situations... like when somebody gets killed, rather than being called out to disperse the roudy croud before anything like this happens.

You complete and utter missunderstanding of the role of the police and your obvious aim to try to look cool in this thread are very apparent. Now if you dont mind, go back to your hole and take your stupid views of society with you.

Actually, no, go stand in the middle of a street in the middle of 2 car loads of drunk teenagers and see how you feel!

Idiot!

Permabanned
Id be annoyed that I had been told a unit had been dispatched immediately, and that I had acted with that information in mind, which happened to be a load of cobblers. I would definitely kick up a fuss about it if this is the case.

Soldato
I imagine 2:30am on Sunday must be a fairly busy time for nightclub disorder in any nearby towns. From what you say I can't see anything there which would push you anywhere near the top of the priority list unless it's very quiet. An RTA or definite fight would be a more immediate concern to the police, I'm sure.

I can understand your frustration, but it sounds like you've been insulated from modern day policing (and the huge demands on it) by living somewhere nice. Those of us who live in considerably less nice places are used to rowdy gangs of ill behaved yoof patrolling in their mobile boomboxes at all hours, and the fact the police can't be everywhere at once (no matter how nice an idea that might be, I agree).

I hope the potential drunk comes back and collects his car soon. Round here if someone leaves a car unintended for 24 hours it gets stolen or set on fire.

IMGP0971.JPG

Andrew McP... 400 metres away from a human zoo.

Man of Honour
We pay our taxes because we have no choice, taxation is legalised theft. Unfortunately some people are still working under the mistaken belief that letting the government take your money and decide how to spend it is the best way of getting things done, despite the huge amount of evidence to the contrary.

Back
Top Bottom