Do you tip pizza/chinese/Indian delivery drivers?

Soldato
I normally let the driver keep the change but that's mostly so I don't have to wait for them to work it out, (it's not normally that much). The numpty who deliver my Chinese on Saturday night didn't get anything though and didn't deserve anything ... (muppet took 40mins, and got lost twice, on a journey which should take <5mins and involve two turns!)

Soldato
No I don't. They more than likely make a very nice profit off the price of the pizza and the driver is paid well so why should I tip.

The only time I do is when I cba to wait for a small amount of change or whatever.

Associate
I always tip the balti guy, and its always the same guy that answers the phone when we order, first few times i had to spell "long hyde" but now im like "lon" and hes like "long hyde road! how are you mate? 30 mins PLZ"

Seems to reflect on the time taken to get there.. though that might just be me being silly!

When theres 3 of us ordering and i let him keep £1-2 quid i dont really mind!

Soldato
Like others, if the delivery man is cheery and a nice guy (or if it's a hot girl, they get a guaranteed £3 tip) i usually just let him keep the change, maybe a quid or two. If he's a grumpy get, who has taken ages to deliver cold food, he only gets a smile (although some say my smile is worth a thousand pounds so he could be profiting).

Soldato
Generally no, I worked instore at Pizza hut while at uni and the drivers sit on their arse all evening in their car then when instore they just talk between each other rather than help. Meanwhile the kitchen staff are belting stuff out as fast as they can and rushed off their feet, the drivers don't earn tips tbh. The bike riders may get a tip from me if the weather is particularly miserable though.

If I knew the tips would get shared among all staff like in restaurants then maybe I'd be a bit more inclined to tip but if you tell a driver to share the tip it's never going to happen.

In Czech bars I usually tip as almost all of them are table service and you get a new drink placed in front of you without asking before you've even finished the one you're on.

Soldato
From the point of view of ex delivery guy, you may not realise but many drivers take exess risk in speeding just to get the food ontime to you, i find its customary to tip, and without tips they dont earn much money, trust me if you dont tip you'll usualy be on the list last if you are recognise address..

Caporegime
From the point of view of ex delivery guy, you may not realise but many drivers take exess risk in speeding just to get the food ontime to you, i find its customary to tip.

Good god, you expect people to pay you extra because you speed and put others lives in danger?

Man of Honour
I dont get tipped for keeping people safe in either of my jobs so I dont see the point in tipping someone who is just brining my food from a to b

Soldato
enjoy your food cold everytime, like others have said delivery guys get payed next to nothing and often the work areas dont cover the petrol correctly, sure you might say well thats an issue for you and your boss but at the end of the day nothing will happen and they will just get new drivers and they are just looking out for themselves by delivering tippers first.

Back
Top Bottom