I am officially in the ****!! Pretty scared.

Soldato
OP
last time i need money fast i sold my 360. things like this can be replaced.

just an idea..

Thats stepping back, but i think i need to do it, i have a TV that needs selling, £60 anyone?! LOL :D.

Erm, i work hard for what ive got and i would be gutted if i had to sell it but then id be even more determined to work to get it back..

Caporegime
So just what has your dad applied for in your name? If you had the slightest shred of sense you would investigate this asap and get your name cleared by any means necessary. Seriously, get your arse in gear, this is your life and your future we're talking about, and a bad credit rating could completely fark things up for you. Look into it. Now.

Soldato
You going to be the internet hero? :D
Would have done for a smaller amount (£10/20) but unfortunately can't really stretch to £60. :)

To OP, speak to your mum and see what she says - especially if it's only few a week or 2. Your worries might be unfounded and you can enjoy your first day of the new job without this money trouble hanging over you.

Man of Honour
I can sympathise about the banks, when I moved to London years ago I needed a month a halfs rent as a deposit (best part of £1000) which I didn't have hanging around. I asked Natwest, who i'd been with for 5 years, to extend my overdraft by £250 so I could pay it (had a copy of my offer to show what I was earning - £35k at the time) and they said no. I was really ****** off with them over it.

Particularly when I got a letter 6 weeks later offering to extend my overdraft by £2k. Idiots!

Soldato
OP
So just what has your dad applied for in your name? If you had the slightest shred of sense you would investigate this asap and get your name cleared by any means necessary. Seriously, get your arse in gear, this is your life and your future we're talking about, and a bad credit rating could completely fark things up for you. Look into it. Now.

I looked into it when it happened, reported him for benifit fraud and people are looking into the things i applied for..

That side of things are sorted but messed up.

Would have done for a smaller amount (£10/20) but unfortunately can't really stretch to £60. :)

Weekly is £15.. You have a lot of trust.

Soldato
OP
Whats the deal with you Dad applying for stuff in your name? Have you sorted that out?

I dont talk to him at all any more, i dont make any contact what so ever, i didnt report him for it due to my sister, dont want her see her dad in prison..

My mum said to ring him and tell him i know whats happened which will scare him, she was with him 10 years she knows how much that will scare him.

Right, you wont belive this, went to iron my white shirt.. Its short sleeved... I didnt know until i got it out the bag, complete and utter joke today is.

I sound utterly hopeless here, how daft must i sound.. I must stop posting.

Soldato
OP
Right, you wont belive this, went to iron my white shirt.. Its short sleeved... I didnt know until i got it out the bag, complete and utter joke today is.

I sound utterly hopeless here, how daft must i sound.. I must stop posting.

Ive found another one, no worries now!

Im off to work now, lets see what happens there and then see what happens when i get home.

Last edited:
Associate
Jesus! Mate...give yourself a break.

Break your issues down into managable chunks. Deal with one at a time.

Where are things at at the minute? Which issue is most important to deal with first?

Take a deep breath and keep calm, else you'll pop an artery!

Soldato
Speak to your mum and let us know what she says. The trouble with only borrowing enough for a weekly pass is that next week when you still haven't been paid you'll have to borrow again and so on until you get paid.

I'm sure it'll turn out ok, enjoy your first day!

Caporegime
Just apply for a crisis loan from the benefits ppl. Best bit is no interest and you just pay a bit back each week.
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_4017683

Hope this works out for you.

was just going to post about rying the benefits people as this kind of thing is exactly why we have them, for short term problems and to help you get back on your feet, not to support people indefinatly as many seam to think :)

Soldato
I'd do what someone suggested. Just grab a few electrical items and take them down the pawnbrokers or better still if you have a chequebook and a guarantee card you can get some cash from them immediately too, by writing a post-dated cheque, even if you don't have the money in your account at the time. I think they take something like 10%.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom