what do you call it when:-

Caporegime
heres the best example i can find of what its like to work in small companies in an IT role

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17836214

This poor bloke had to suffer to some artsy type who knew jack about IT. Insisting on his own servers and networks / internet connections to be filled with self importance. But the company owners view was to let him get on throwing his weight around and ignore him.

Small companies, just DONT DO IT ! :D

Soldato
Sounds rather like my situation at work too. I'm the only male in an office with 4 women. Whenever there is something computer based that they can't do I get asked to do it. If there are boxes to be moved I get asked to do it!

I just get on with it know that at the end of the day i'm the one who will never suffer the pain of child birth nor the embarassment of not being able to programme a vcr!!! ;o)

Valve

Soldato
unfortunately 9 of them are married they are all his age or similar ages though...

marriage wont mean anything to the woman if the woman doesnt FEEL like shes married (ie zero attention, zero sex etc etc) at least subconsciously anyway she will be hankering after male attention....

So she'll try to get attention from another male....your M8. i think hes got a golden opportunity for lots of fun. Short-term only though. He should be extra nice to say 5 of them. Bring them treats from the shop. Make em coffee...give them long looks. Do favours for them only. etc

However long-term unless he's the daddy and slaps em down and gets the respect from em all the work environment will just get worse....

Associate
Maybe they just don't like him and are only nice when they want something?

HR will just laugh him out the door if he goes to them...what do you want them to do? Tell everyone to be nice to him? That will make him the laughing stock and will show that he's not able to stand up for himself.

Back
Top Bottom