I will no longer follow athletics

Soldato
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/7382810.stm

I feel pretty sorry for anybody who chose to make a career out of athletics/cycling. The shadow that drugs has cast over the validity of records and victories has become too much for me now. Myself and my brothers have always had a huge interest in track athletics, but I have now lost all interest. Are Asafa Powell and Tyson Gay clean? How about Wariner? With doubt being placed over Maurice green, only two 100m olympic champions in the last twenty years have may have been clean.... Carl Lewis and Donovan Bailey. As for the womens sprint events, that appears to be as bad with Marion Jones, Kelly White.

Soldato
so i guess Roger Black is 400 m world champion? when does he get his gold medal? :confused:

bah! its all messed up.... dont think athletics has reached the degrading levels prevalent in cycling but its getting there....

Caporegime
Doesn't surprise me one bit. There's been a massive drugs problem in America for years and countless athletes have been caught and let off.

Hopefully this case will expose how widespread the problem is and we'll see a lot of athletes banned for life and stripped of medals they've won :mad:

Associate
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/7382810.stm

I feel pretty sorry for anybody who chose to make a career out of athletics/cycling. The shadow that drugs has cast over the validity of records and victories has become too much for me now. Myself and my brothers have always had a huge interest in track athletics, but I have now lost all interest. Are Asafa Powell and Tyson Gay clean? How about Wariner? With doubt being placed over Maurice green, only two 100m olympic champions in the last twenty years have may have been clean.... Carl Lewis and Donovan Bailey. As for the womens sprint events, that appears to be as bad with Marion Jones, Kelly White.

Carl Lewis tested positive for drugs, but was later cleared. I use to love athletics when i was younger, but the sport is so corrupt that it is pointless to follow it anymore- especially power events.

Soldato
The solution is to just stop the dope testing... they're ALL on something, it's just who's willing to take the most cutting edge gear to try and avoid detection imho.

Joke of a sport. Not because they're all on performance enhancing drugs but because they all claim they AREN'T on them...

Soldato
OP
Carl Lewis tested positive for drugs, but was later cleared. I use to love athletics when i was younger, but the sport is so corrupt that it is pointless to follow it anymore- especially power events.

the levels found in Carl Lewis would not even cause a failed test by todays standards, hence I left him on there, but yes there was some suspicion.

Back
Top Bottom