Australia shaped pizza - how?

Associate
Does anyone know how I might get an image of a pizza in the shape of Australia?

Perhaps one of the usual programs has a shaping feature ie mapping, follow path or something.

Just to clarify, I'm not referring to pasting as a mask but instead want it to look like the pizza has been baked in the shape of Australia, crust and all.

Soldato
if you have photoshop,

a) get image of map of australia
b) get image of a pizza bigger then the size of australia

then using photoshop you merge point b with point a..

I dont know what its called or how to do it but I know that is a way around it...

perhaps more skilled photoshoppers can help..

Associate
Not perfect

ozpizza.jpg

Associate
How the bloody hell did you do that? YCHALTWT you can't have art like that without tutorials! C'mon write up a tut for us.

And reveal my genius! :D

It was just masking a copy of the pizza with the map shape, used a black and white version of the shape to see the contrast between it and original and used the clone tool to extend any peppers or olives that got cut off by cropping to the map shape, then grabbed the original map shape, expanded it by about 50 pixels or so, filled it with one of the crusts clolours, stuck a bit of noise on to stop it looking flat, used the burn and dodge tool to put some burns and highlights on it, few outer glows for shadows et voila!

Associate
OP

It was just masking a copy of the pizza with the map shape, used a black and white version of the shape to see the contrast between it and original and used the clone tool to extend any peppers or olives that got cut off by cropping to the map shape, then grabbed the original map shape, expanded it by about 50 pixels or so, filled it with one of the crusts clolours, stuck a bit of noise on to stop it looking flat, used the burn and dodge tool to put some burns and highlights on it, few outer glows for shadows et voila!

Thanks Paul, your efforts are much appreciated.

Associate
OP

Cheers for that Paul. I followed your instructions, threw the result into the oven and ended up burning it! Anyway, here's my second attempt...

australia_shaped_pizza_v2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom