Pricing up an Inspiron 1525

Soldato
Looking at a 15.4" job with 3gig of ram and a t7 or t8 chip with the uprated resolution, thats about the specs i need and its coming out around £550.00, how much can you haggle over the phone or is it not worth it? Online i can get the 5% Quidco but obv over the phone i cant, anyone think there is money off to be had if i ring?

Soldato
I managed to get a free carry case with the vostro (the same with a 8600) by phoning up. Only problem is that I didn't get a customer number or Order number.

Associate
I bought a very similar machine just last week with the following upgrades :

Inspiron 1525
2.0Ghz Core2Duo 800mhz FSB
3Gb RAM
True Life 1400*900 screen (which is excellent btw, I'd heard horror stories about the screen being "too shiny" but this isn't the case unless you are in direct sunlight/outdoors)
Colour upgrade (on offer at the time, normally £30)
The rest was standard - 160Gb hard drive, etc

£520 total

I was pretty sure that by phoning up I could get a better deal, so rang up basically asking if I could use the £30 colour upgrade on something else - processor, memory, or just money off. I was initially told no, then the best he offered was the webcam upgrade instead. I said I wasn't particularly interested in either of those, thanked him, and said I'd try looking elsewhere. Then before I hung up he butted in and said he would go and speak to his manager, putting me on hold (at this point I thought :D). But nope, nothing doing. Maybe I just can't haggle but I'd be surprised if you got much off - good luck tho :)

I ended up buying it for the price above over the internet, received within 4 days and so far I'm really pleased with it.

Back
Top Bottom