Outrun Coast 2 Coast problem

Permabanned
Hey guys, I am having a problem with this game, its really weird. I go in the game, i pick my options etc, pick which race i want to do and then let it load all going fine, but then when i get into game the timer starts, and when it says go, i get a high pitched noise through my speakers and the pc chrashes and reboots :confused: . Anyone know anything about this problem?

Associate
No probs.... dont suppose you have an Audigy 2 card ? Ive read loads of peeps with these are having the same problem. Hopefully a patch will be forthcoming..

Associate
thanks, just read - I know what you mean as i have played screamer, chaseHQ, etc in my school days...

I paid £4.99 for a download so I can't go back but it is very simple and arcade like as compared to NFS MW for example

I partly bought it as a kind of retro experience as I have fond memories of outrun on spectrum 128

Man of Honour
^Yeah, and as I adhered to in my linked post, it's such a lazy console port that they didn't even consider the fact that as won't be running at constant 60fps on a PC (unless vsynced at 60hz), having one 'game frame' for every 'rendered frame' is an incredibly bad idea - it's like trying to play GTA in DOS glide with the framelimiter disabled!

Permabanned
Yeah it is just like a DOS game in that regard - if you don't use vsync, all the menus and loading screens are way too fast aren't they. The loading screen waiting time is artificial because if you disable vsync it only takes a second - how silly. I normally run my LCD monitor at 75Hz but to play this game, as you say, you need to vsync it to 60Hz.

The graphics while good enough, are not even as good as the Xbox versions in terms of shadows and lighting - also the grass kicking up when you go off road seems feeble in this version. With the power of the PC, they could have made an arcade perfect copy, if they'd been bothered.

I bought an original Xbox just to play OutRun 2, and if anyone else loves OutRun I recommend doing likewise - it is a very close approximation of the arcade version.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom