Woke up to a rare treat this morning

Soldato
Indeed I did! in my room I have blackout blinds on velux roof windows, well this morning the large window blind wasn't quite shut properly, and on each side of the blackout blind there was a small gap letting light in. Basically it seems these 2 small gaps ended up working together to make a panoramic pin hole camera, managed to capture the effect with my camera as seen below, its the town as seen from my window:

pin.jpg

:D

Soldato
That's awesome mate. Must have been a bit of a spin-out to wake up to that. I'm so bleary-eyed in the morning I would probably have thought I was still dreaming.

Panzer

Soldato
OP
Cheers thats awesome, yeah its very monitor dependant it seems, shows ok on my 2407 main pc, but harder to see on my laptop.

Cant beleive the detail a small gap in a window will focus, im surprised its done it panoramic as well, 2 pin hole cameras working together.. :) although there is abit of overlay in the middle, the white building bottom centre is actually one building but it looks like a castle when it was projected on the wall :D

Associate
You inadvertently created a camera obscura, there's a few guides on google to creating this - it's one of the first things I ever did at uni (turning your bedroom into a camera)

Soldato
This is basically what the artist Johannes Vermeer is rumoure4d to have done in order to paint his extraordinarily photo realistic paintings back in the 1600's. I.e. he cheated his arse off bigstyle.

33L

33L

Associate
This is basically what the artist Johannes Vermeer is rumoure4d to have done in order to paint his extraordinarily photo realistic paintings back in the 1600's. I.e. he cheated his arse off bigstyle.

roumered or proven! sound like very interesting idea!

Back
Top Bottom