Professional Examples of HDR?

Soldato
Cheers guys, nice to hear it does get used in the professional world. I guess to sum this topic up:

-Subtle natural HDR is used professionally
-Tone mapping is not used professionally

I can say with full confidence that tone mapping is used professional. I'm working with some large companies right now who want my style of HDR.

Soldato
Hdr can be overdone and only the professionals know how to make it look good. Even just the subtlest hdr can bring out detail to make a picture, or make it look too fake.

Hdr is a taste but not liked by all and thats the reason it'll never become too mainstream.

Linlithgow%20Palace%201.jpg

Bangour%20Villa%209.jpg

rubbish..

as i've always said re HDR though, if you look at an image and think "that's an HDR image" then it is overdone.

mmmmm I don't agree sorry. I do say thats overcooked but I would never slate a HDR image for looking like an HDR image..

I mean I like it to look as natural as you can by using HDR as a means to a solution under complicated lighting situations.

HDR can be used awfully and thats a fact. The HDR effect can be pleasing when the colors are not burning my eyes with their toxic like saturation.

Another annoyance people seem to do when processing for HDR is to remove all shadows in an image by filling them with light completely!

Associate
Here's my favourite HDR shot so far:
hmmjj9.jpg

I personally thought I pushed it a bit too far, but some people who weren't fans of the HDR look said it looked fine. It's probably because I didn't try to cram in as much detail and saturation as possible.

Back
Top Bottom