Excited D3 Owner thinks he understands the term "weatherproofing"

Soldato
Incidentally, the guy in the video is supposedly the Director of Photography for National Geographic.

Well I would expect him to have more sense than video something like that.

He basically proved nothing as we don't know if water has got in or not, does the camera still work now?

I still think it was stupid :)

Soldato
yes i agree a baby is directly comparable to a camera

Either you missed the point or you're just trying to be argumentative?

Maybe you critics would have a point if Nikon published data on their durability tests.

Only.... this guys tests are useless and totally unreliable since we have no proof that the camera is fine, or that it ever worked, or anything. You can trust this if you want but I'll be keeping my camera away from the chocolate milk.

Last edited:

tbs

tbs

Associate
Oh i fully agree. I also don't believe that he is the director of photography for the national geographic. He's not listed as a photographer on the site.

i dont think hes the director of NG, i think he just taken some pictures for NG and its been in the magazine, but still being able to get a photo in NG is a big thing, its not your normal photog mag is it now?;)

plus ive read when the first video came out, people thought it was a Nikon marketing ploy to show people how well built their camera was like a viral piece, but thats a rumour...

Soldato
It seems strange to me that the whole point of that video has been missed by everyone. The entire point is to create threads like this for people to argue about how stupid he is, increasing the amount of people that view it.

Soldato
I've just watched the video for the first time.. Not impressed tbh, it looks as though he's just trying to attract attention for himself..

We've seen it before though, everytime a new product comes out that people are raving about, they'res always some kid on youtube smashing it up.

Back
Top Bottom