• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HIS ATi Radeon HD 3650 Sluggish problems - Please help

Associate
I purchased the

HIS ATI Radeon HD 3650 ICEQ3 Turbo 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI/HDMI (PCI-Express) - Retail (H365Q512GNP)

From OcUK to replace my x1600xt and put it into my machine which is...

Asus A8R-MVP
AMD 3500+ 2.21ghz
1GB PC2700 DDR
160gb 7200rpm IDE
400w Enermax PSU

I know the system isnt great but i have 2gb of memory coming tomorrow to replace the 1gb and a AMD 4000+ to replace the current one but currently with just the new gfx card in the system im getting about 9fps in games and my system is extreamly slow, i can think one of 2 reasons its the RAM or the PSU... Please any advanced tips to help narrow this down are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Associate
Depends on what res/settings you're playing at in what games. For example, playing COD4 on a machine like that is suicide, so are you sure you're not just playing games your machine simply can't handle?

Associate
OP
Well COD4 would run before on the old x1600xt no problem but its World of Warcraft thats struggling to run, it ran fine before on the old card apart from when the card started having tearing issues but this card in theory is far superior and should not have any problems i would have thought... 9fps in WoW

Associate
Its a good idea to clean the gfx driver soff the system when swapping to different cards even if the system can detects and appear to install the card properly using current drivers. when i swapped 1950pro to 3870, ll seemed find, but al sorts of odd weirdness would randamly happen like missing frames and opengl stuff not working right. Cleaning and reinstalling the ati drivers sorted that even though it was same version.

Associate
OP
I did a clean driver install of the latest 8.4 ati drivers and it was slugish still, im gonna see if the memory helps tomorrow so fingers crossed, still welcome to anymore suggestions though

Associate
OP
The system with the old X1600XT in runs the games fine on high graphics but when i put in the 3650 the system slows right down and struggles to run the games that the slow card X1600XT can run. So what im saying is that maybe the new card has some sort of high requirements... the box says a 350w PSU and 1gb of system memory to use the card so i have that which is required...

Associate
OP
Yup Cat uninstaller everytime i put on new drivers i always remove them first and i did the same for the new card removed the drivers put in the card and installed 8.4

Associate
OP
would you believe it was the bios the whole time... updated it to latest and all the lag went away and COD4 runs in highest graphics and WoW also runs in highest graphics all perfect :D

Back
Top Bottom