Dualshock Pricing in Oz Announced

Associate
We get ripped off with everything.

That price is nuts, they can stick that right up their butts. Luckily most Australians are smart enough to import it from elsewhere.

Unluckily, Aus is the target of fleabays idiocy, because as of June (i think) all Aus fleabay transactions will be restricted to paypal... with no other payment options allowed... so it looks like a lot of places like <an asian site that im probably not allowed to mention> will be getting a heap more business from us.

Not to mention we're one of the only countries that will be stuck with a restricted GTA4, because of our stupid rating system, all retail copies will be butchered so it keeps the M15+ rating. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
It came out officially over here in the USA last week. I picked one up for $55.

The thing is though I've not got any games that use the rumble... YET !!!! GT5 Pro comes out tomorrow.. So finally i'll get some shake on my PS3...

It's really not that much heavier than the sixaxis, jsut enough to not give it that cheap feel, though I've never not liked the sixaxis... The plastic is no thicker as far as I can tell, just an illusion that its better quality cos it a little heavier.

Associate
It will be expensive anyway as Sony have to recoup the moolah they ended up paying out to immersion for using the rumble technology illegally.;)
I won't pay more than £30 and they should have a scheme for you to "upgrade" your sixaxis to a DS3.

Associate
Aye, I have been living in Aus now for 3 months & cant believe how expensive everything here is like Insanity said. But thankfully we are allowed to import goods upto $1000aud without customs charges so I buy lots of stuff from the US so works out pretty well I got my DS3 from asia for $63aud a few weeks back

Associate
Aye, I have been living in Aus now for 3 months & cant believe how expensive everything here is like Insanity said. But thankfully we are allowed to import goods upto $1000aud without customs charges so I buy lots of stuff from the US so works out pretty well I got my DS3 from asia for $63aud a few weeks back

Do you mean generally or just with regards to video games?

V F

V F

Soldato
I finally got mine. Dual Shock 3 = £33.87 Postage & Packing = £1.99 Total £35.86

Strangely enough when I checked them last time. It's went up to £39.95 + £1.99 shipping now.

It was an import from Japan, but because somebody else had done it I never got slapped with import tax. :D That I was originally going to do. Import tax can vary, hence why I put that off.

Works great with, GT5P, F1:CE, Uncharted, Devil May Cry 4 and so on...

There's a list somewhere.

Last edited:
Associate
i have found jap versions and u.s versions available for import, are both of these ok to use on a U.K console?, just made me wonder as they are listed as different regions? cheers

Associate
OP
Mine was US import, noticed it has a slightly dodgy L2 trigger.

Was very neutral packaging, looked like it could have been sold anywhere with an appropriate barcode slapped on it.

V F

V F

Soldato
Mine was US import, noticed it has a slightly dodgy L2 trigger.

Was very neutral packaging, looked like it could have been sold anywhere with an appropriate barcode slapped on it.

It doesn't feel as good as R2?

I'm surprised a thread has not came up about these regarding the add-on triggers.

Did anyone get them?

2300327006_d51da1aacf.jpg

trigger2.jpg

trigger3.jpg

Associate
When is it supposed to come out over here officially? Planning on getting me a PS3 again w/MGS4. Makes sense to go with a DS3 instead of the vanilla Sixaxis. I'll just import if they're still in no rush to sell them here.

Back
Top Bottom