Who was right?

Soldato
Problem is with chip and pin the cashier doesnt even see the card, you put it i the machine yourself, name facing you, and tap your pin in... card could say "Mickey Mouse" and they wouldnt know. Furthermore, why on earth does it matter, they're exactly the same end result.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Just now, my mum gave me her card to get some milk and some money. What she said to me was "get skimmed and semi skimmed milk, and £100 cashback."

So I went in, got 2 cartons of milk, and when I was paying, I said "can I have £100 cashback as well please?"

I told her they only give up to £50 cashback when I got into the car, and she said "why did you get cashback?? I meant cashback from the machine!"

Who was right in this?? Is it even called cashback if you get it from an ATM?

OMGZ I'm telling the police!

My advice for the next 10 years.... Don't pick up the soap, and watch your arse

Soldato
Did the cashier not even notice the name on the card was female, i presume you are male..

I work in retail, and if I'm honest I don't often look at the card, I just bang it in the machine. Most people are the same as far as I know.

I hope not, the cashier is not meant to touch the card. So unless it comes up on the screen?

I've never heard of that rule. We use handheld chip & pin machines at work and we always take the card from them and put it in ourselves, no one's ever said anything to me - and a lot of the time when I'm in shops I hand the card to them as well.

Why shouldn't the cashier touch the card?

As far as the OP goes, I'd have told her she could have got exactly what she'd wanted if she'd got off her loathesome spotty behind and done it herself

Soldato
How is it ANY different getting cashback vs getting it from an ATM? If she wanted another £50 she could have gone back (or sent you back) to the ATM... :confused:

Back
Top Bottom