flashed at 80+ mph

Man of Honour
yeah sounds like a ban :(

on another note, I've done a indicated 200 in a 70, is there a SP200 in existance ?, if so, would look quite good on wall framed (though I'm guessing it would be jail wall lol)

edit: ahh ic, sp50 means speeding on motorway :p DOH, maybe there is a sp50 with merit :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
um no m8 :), was a souped up busa, was nowhere near that speed though, maybe 6-10% out, scary thing was bike was still accelerating when I throttled off... had too, brain was heating up and near meltdown :D

edit: nothing big or clever about it, as any fool can twist a throttle, pretty dumb I guess in hindsite.. but I always test top end of everything I buy, just this strange urge

Last edited:
Soldato
um no m8 :), was a souped up busa, was nowhere near that speed though, maybe 6-10% out, scary thing was bike was still accelerating when I throttled off... had too, brain was heating up and near meltdown :D

edit: nothing big or clever about it, as any fool can twist a throttle, pretty dumb I guess in hindsite.. but I always test top end of everything I buy, just this strange urge

Have you tried stabbing yourself? :p

Man of Honour
Have you tried stabbing yourself? :p

why would I do that, it's dangerous...

you never exceeded the speed limit before ?

the law is in place for speed to protect everyone from moments of mis judgement, speed in itself is not dangerous. I'd never exceed any lower limit like 30s, 20s.. they are there for a VERY good reason.

with a mechanically sound bke or car designed for that speed, straight road (at least a couple of miles), no other traffic, no exit / on ramps, good weather, good road surface... your safe to do so. (im sure autobahns are not full of dead bodys, no more than our roads)

edit: i guess the speed argument has been done to death on forums.. I guess we can agree to disagree :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
If as you say, it was a clear empty straight road, with good weather conditions, then it is only his own life at risk so yeah, i see nothing wrong with that.

Not necessarily only his own life at risk though is it. Even if there really is nothing else on the road or hard shoulder in your direction, losing control at that speed could conceivably result in flipping over onto the opposite carriageway into oncoming traffic.

Permabanned
I'd never exceed any lower limit like 30s, 20s.. they are there for a VERY good reason.

You must be the only biker in the country who sticks to 30 limits then!

Funnily enough I disagree with you - lower limits like 30 and 40 are frequently inappropriate and can safely be exceeded when conditions permit.

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;11775277 said:
It takes REAL concentration not to exceed a 20 limit, they really are a damn nuisance.

I can imagine. I've never experienced one but ugh... 2nd or 3rd gear? Eyes fixed on your speedo rather than the road... how silly.

Even harder on a 200mph capable bike I daresay.

Man of Honour
lower speed limits are tough, but im sick of being caught and being done for 5mph over when I was younger.. so stick to them like glue, in most cases mainly for my license :( (though in really built up residential areas last thing I wanna do is hit a kid running out)

had to go on a driver aware course for doing 36 in a 30 last year.. they treated me like a dam criminal and lectured you like a school kid

Man of Honour
how fast have you been then in it ?, there is no cut off speed when 'yeah it's ok' to 'ohnoes your a child killer'

i like to see how accurate the manufacturers claims are.. just for my own interest if anything, also is a huge buzz tbh

Soldato
I never forget when i pillioned on a vmax. I have never been so **** scared in my life. I did not dare twist my head for fear of being blown off. So to try max out on a gsx is shear lunacy:p

Man of Honour
I can imagine. I've never experienced one but ugh... 2nd or 3rd gear? Eyes fixed on your speedo rather than the road... how silly.

There are a couple around here and they are a nightmare - too slow for 3rd really so you need to stay in 2nd doing 20mpg and concentrating on your speedo. They are normally found in residential areas or areas where the road is rather tight - ie, where you need to make sure you are paying 100% attention to the ROAD not making sure you are not travelling at 25% over the speed limit (or 25mph!)

Back
Top Bottom