Largest 'Topman's in London? (Suits)

Soldato
I don't know a lot about suits i confess and going from my experience of Topman, their clothes in my eyes seem to last and fit me very well - i'm quite a slim build.

I'm probably slimmer and always found M&S fine. I'll admit I've never owned a Topman suit, but a combination of trying them on and other people's stories has prevented me from buying one.

I've recently inherited my dad's M&S suit from ~1980 (not been worn for 25 years), still in perfect condition! They probably don't make them as good as that anymore though :(

Soldato
If you're going to any Topman store, go to Oxford Street. When all Topshop/Topman stores throughout the UK wish to order an item of stock, it comes directly from the warehouse at Oxford street. The website also runs from Oxford Street. So, if you're after something that'll be the store that has it in stock. :)

Consigliere
OP
I'm just hoping that M&S has a grey suit like the one in Topman... :o
Looking on t'web, M&S is 400 and something and Topshop is 200 and something so i'll visit both and see what i find...if i have problems, i'll run to OcUK using my Nokia N95. :rolleyes: ;)

Caporegime
Right, i will look at Next as well, forgot all about them so thanks! :)

I hate Next suits, their always far too loose. Get something more fitted.

I bought a pinstripe suit from them this very day. I'm slim and tall and the 'slimmer fit' suits fit me perfectly, moreso than the other shops I tired.

They also have a couple of grey ones like the one you're looking at in topshop.:)

And some advice for me, is a pinstripe suit ok to go with plain black trousers, or is it a rediculous idea?

Soldato
I bought a pinstripe suit from them this very day. I'm slim and tall and the 'slimmer fit' suits fit me perfectly, moreso than the other shops I tired.

They also have a couple of grey ones like the one you're looking at in topshop.:)

And some advice for me, is a pinstripe suit ok to go with plain black trousers, or is it a rediculous idea?

Same as my experience and you should have consistancy in a suit. Pinstripe suit with pinstripe trousers and no mix and matching, IMO anyway :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't like how hideously over priced the Oxford store is compared to the rest of the country but I guess that's what you have to expect from a flagship store/London :p

Demographic pricing FTL :p

Soldato
You can't beat the M&S in Marble Arch for suits, they have a HUGE suit section that dwarfs most others, plus the biggest benefit is that they have professional suit staff who will help you out and make sure that you get one that fits you properly, it's hardly bespoke but you won't get anything better on the high street, most stores just have generic sales assistants.

You won't regret going there trust me, get a nice summer lightweight suit with a snazzy coloured lining and you'll appreciate the advice ;)

Permabanned
+1. :)

I've decided i'm going to Kingston instead due to my sleeping problems and instead go to Oxford Street on friday. :o

Kingston M&S have a HUGE selection of suits. If you cant find one to suit(ahem) you there then you must have 5 arms, or 6 legs or something.

Back
Top Bottom