acceptable age difference

J.B

J.B

Soldato
the old half it plus 7 is the only judgement i need, think they mentioned it on QI once.

Its very hard to make a general judgement about a situation. When I was 16/17 a friend was going out with a 13 year old, and they were "active". it was odd at first but after you'd spent some time with her she was very mature.

My house mate is 28 and he was seeing a 16 year old, maybe its cuz i dont get on with him very well but i felt that was a bit wrong. Hes a bit of a womaniser though.

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;11781389 said:
You've met an 8 year old with the mental and emotional intelligence and maturity of a 16 year old?

He doesnt have to have met one. All it takes is for it to be possible for such a person to exist, which is undeniably true.

Soldato
hahahaha. Sick to be honest, that age gap becomes less of a deal when shes older, but at 13 shes not even near legal and cant have been 'ready' for long.
Bad enough debating whether or not to start seeing my current GF when i was 20 and she was 16(coming on 17), but she was legal and mature mentally/physically for her age so i tapped it.

Know someone whos 14 who is seeing a 22-24yr old, hes dead posessive etc over her, find it hilarious. Hes an inbred and shes a munter.

I agree 20-16 is okish and 22-18 is fine.

13 is too young in the eyes of the law.

Man of Honour
He doesnt have to have met one. All it takes is for it to be possible for such a person to exist, which is undeniably true.

I dispute that it's possible for there to be 8 year old girls out there with the emotional and mental intelligence and maturity of your average 16 year old school leaver.

As daft as most of these tend to be.

Soldato

if they did exist then they'd have the mental capacity to not consider a relationship like that if they even understood the concept of a physical relationship

i think it's common that those under 16 in a physical relationship with someone much older completely lack the maturity to understand the situation fully, and that can extend well beyond 16, my girlfriend is 19 but quite childish and it can be really frustrating when she doesnt consider things that people take for granted in a mature relationship

Associate
[TW]Fox;11781389 said:
You've met an 8 year old with the mental and emotional intelligence and maturity of a 16 year old?

No but i've met plenty of 16 year olds with the mental and emotional intelligence and maturity of an 8 year old?

Which i think is MUCH more relevant to their decision making and choices they will have to bare.

Back
Top Bottom