iphone down to £169

Soldato
When I tried ringing stores I never got an answer but the national number was helpful, they told me which stores within X mile radius had stock.

Any idea on this damn Voicemail problem I am having?

Soldato
You can using iTunes and a shared library ;)

I have iTunes on my laptop and desktop, and I use roaming profiles (domain setup). I can sync on either.

If it's possible to tell iTunes to save it's library in a network location and set this the same on both PCs, then it should be possible.

So if I wanted to put music from my mac onyo my iphone, then go and put the iphone onto a PC and transfer music onto the PC, I cant?

Just wondering if there are any programs, I know of one but its just a pain to use

Caporegime
So if I wanted to put music from my mac onyo my iphone, then go and put the iphone onto a PC and transfer music onto the PC, I cant?

Just wondering if there are any programs, I know of one but its just a pain to use

not you can't, not through itunes anyway, itunes is design to "sync" music and not copy them as such. Apple doesn't like people sharing music, why do you think the bluetooth on it is crippled. ?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

If you sync contacts via the address book, they'll appear in the small box-like thumbnails when you're called.

If you just sync photos, and assign them manually.. they'll appear fullscreen.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Why not just transfer the music across the network, and cut out the middle-man ?

Soldato
I went to the nearest CPW today. Rang them and they said they had 1 left, which they couldn't reserve. Drove up there and popped to KFC first as I thought it would be gone, went there after and asked the chap if he still had it, pointed to this other sales guy and he just had it on the counter selling it to some polish dude :(:( I was gutted. I really want one but am not paying the extortionate prices they are going for on a certain auction site!

Soldato
I went to the nearest CPW today. Rang them and they said they had 1 left, which they couldn't reserve. Drove up there and popped to KFC first as I thought it would be gone, went there after and asked the chap if he still had it, pointed to this other sales guy and he just had it on the counter selling it to some polish dude :(:( I was gutted. I really want one but am not paying the extortionate prices they are going for on a certain auction site!

Just over a week until the v2 is out, all being well... I'd wait

Man of Honour
It's all guesswork till things are announced, but yeah, you can bank on the prices going back up to the £250+ mark. £169 seems to have been a VERY successful way of getting rid of the old stock.

Interesting from a business point-of-view, though - I wonder if Apple really would have predicted how quickly they'd shift all the current iPhone stock, and did they really think everyone who really wanted an iphone had bought one already, before the price drop. If so, I wonder if they'll be considering a lower price starting point this time.

Soldato
How would I go about sending my iPhone back for repair? I've got the grey wifi problem and it can't be fixed via software.

Apple say I can take it into an o2 store but what if they start asking questions? Like why haven't you activated the o2 sim and such? Would a o2 PAYG sim work in a completely standard iphone?

I've had the phone since they were reduced and it got the grey wifi problem shortly after I started using it. I've only just got round to doing something about it.

Soldato
How would I go about sending my iPhone back for repair? I've got the grey wifi problem and it can't be fixed via software.

Apple say I can take it into an o2 store but what if they start asking questions? Like why haven't you activated the o2 sim and such? Would a o2 PAYG sim work in a completely standard iphone?

I've had the phone since they were reduced and it got the grey wifi problem shortly after I started using it. I've only just got round to doing something about it.

Nothing to do with them why you haven't activated it.

http://www.the-iblog.com/2008/04/03/the-most-common-iphone-misconception-no-activationno-warranty/

Soldato
Took it into a o2 store today, few dodgy questions but I gave convincing answers for all of them.

Should get it back within 5-7 working days apparently. Just seen the quite frankly ridiculous prices these are commanding on eBay, so I think that's where this one shall be going.

Back
Top Bottom