today i decided it was time to grow up

Man of Honour
What if, as has happened to family and friends, you have a plumbing-related disaster or an accidental house fire?

Then it'd be covered under a standard home contents policy. I took the OP's post to mean he'd taken out specific accidental damage cover for his TV, rather than simply having a home insurance policy (Which given his age I'd assume he's maybe still at home so doesnt have such a policy as he doesnt need it).

Soldato
Home contents insurance is not a waste of money, you can get 30 grands worth of cover for as little as £8 a month if you shop around, anyone who thinks it's a waste of money, doesn't bother purchasing it and get's burgled deserves to be laughed at.

Soldato
your only 22, take my advise and dont try and grow up too fast

im 21 tomorow and ive got a mortgage, full time job and a fiancee and having tried to grow up so fast im starting to feel the stress and depression that i shouldnt be feeling for another 10-20 years :( anxietys getting the better of me, im even starting to feel like i hate my relationship due to other stress's spilling into the gaps between me and my fiancee

trust me, stay away from growing up as much as possible till your about 25, then start getting into it, wish i had

Capodecina
Soldato
we have to have contents insurance as part of our tenancy agreement

You were screwed over then. No tenancy agreement should compel you to take out contents insurance, you could have validly argued against it. It's likely that the agent forced you to take up their block scheme, which is quite common.

Associate
[TW]Fox;11789220 said:
Infact surely the older you get the less likely you are to accidently damage your TV. I mean huh? Why would you insure a TV against accidental damage?! It's a TV! It sits in the corner!

He might have a Nintendo Wii, and not quite grasped the conception of the Golf game yet... :p

Back
Top Bottom