• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

A way to throttle Core2's without using SpeedStep

Suspended
I want to be able to throttle my E6600 but pressing a button, i know you can do it thro windows using Intels TAT, but its hassle, just want to be able to press a button and drop the mhz to 1000mhz or somthing while im just using windows for surfing the web n posting on forums :p

Any ideas welcome

TIA

Foxor`

Associate
on my laptop i can choose to turn off speedstep which halves the processer to its lowest form 1ghz, the only problem is if you want it back to 2ghz you have to reboot and go into the bios again

Soldato
I've always wanted a tool that did this as well. Sometimes the CPU will step up the multi when you don't want it to, for example when I play starcraft the CPU will step up to max frequency, which is completely pointless for that game. Wouldn't mind keeping it locked at 6x just to keep temps down and save on power.

I used to have a tool called speedswitchXp for my inspiron 5150 that did this...but it doesn't work with desktops.

Soldato
I use speedstepping on my sys, and it dont save any power at all. Tried speedstepping enabled and disabled, and when its enabled and doing its thing, my UPS power usage remains the same

I have a E8400 oc to 3.6 9x400,, When speedstepping kicks in it knocks it down to 6x400

Back
Top Bottom