The 'Hiper-Explosive' Club

Soldato
I have a Hiper Type R 480w (not modular) in the 2nd PC. Been running for years in my main rig and only moved it across recently. I reckon I've had it a little over 3 years. No smoke signals yet.

It does seem to be rather warm, certainly a lot more so than the corsair in my current PC. May even be getting hotter than it used to.

Soldato
580 modular here stopped working - Checked inside - no components look like they've exploded etc.
Just another failed Hiper Modular :p

UFX

UFX

Associate
18 months old Hiper Type R 580w failed to work the day After I sold the Rig.

Sold the complete rig cheap to a mate for it to fail as soon as it was plugged in, Felt obligated to replace the PSU even though it meant I basically gave it away:( Rig occasionally doesn't boot first time know either.

At the time the Hiper was supposed to be a known for quality & at £90 I'd have expected it to outlast some of the cheap oem's I still have lying about.

Associate
Hiper Type R - 480W (non modular) - Mfr Nov 04. Bought it second hand and it was running my gaming rig perfectly for about 18 months. Switched on today and the PSU starts (internal fan is spinning fine) but not getting anything to the mainboard. Get an initial spin of the case fans when switching on from cold, but otherwise is a dead duck. No smells or bangs from mine, but it's going in the bin after reading this.

I bought a Hiper 630W Type M (85% efficient) for my other rig and that seems okay so far, but now i'm getting concerned - Are these lastling better than the Type R's ?

Soldato
18 months old Hiper Type R 580w failed to work the day After I sold the Rig.

Sold the complete rig cheap to a mate for it to fail as soon as it was plugged in, Felt obligated to replace the PSU even though it meant I basically gave it away:( Rig occasionally doesn't boot first time know either.

At the time the Hiper was supposed to be a known for quality & at £90 I'd have expected it to outlast some of the cheap oem's I still have lying about.

18 months? You where ripped off I even bought mine from PC World way over 20 months ago and it was around 60-70 quid.

Associate
Lol
my 580 type-r is dead had it since october06 - april08
Luckly nothing died in pc apart from the psu, when it went had a nice light show though all my lights kept flashing on and off. not sure if its the psu fault but now my mobo is being annoying but i think that is a coincidence.

Associate
I've just shipped my hiper 580 over to the UK to be RMA'd, It's cost me quite a bit to ship it from Ireland to the UK ( They are heavy PSU's :eek: )

Does anybody know if they (hiper) should cover these costs? surely they should! ?

Back
Top Bottom