Need a "Professional" email address for my CV...

Soldato
I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid at a hotmail address. If you want to be fancy get your own domain. You could even use it to set up a website giving yourself some national award. This way it'll look great when they google you to try and find out info :)

Caporegime
Just used a little app called Hide IP to connect to the web using an American proxy, and set myself up an email address in the form:

[email protected]

As all the firstname.surname combinations had gone. And with the wonders of Gmail I can now send and recieve emails into my main (less official) email account. I only have to check the one account, but that now sends and recieves from 4 different addresses :)

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Just used a little app called Hide IP to connect to the web using an American proxy, and set myself up an email address in the form:

[email protected]

As all the firstname.surname combinations had gone. And with the wonders of Gmail I can now send and recieve emails into my main (less official) email account. I only have to check the one account, but that now sends and recieves from 4 different addresses :)

Even if you register and get the @googlemail address you can still give the @gmail address to people and you'll still get them. In effect you have two email addresses which can be really handy :).

Soldato
Registered with gmail about 2 months ago, didn't need an invite and its [name]@googlemail.com but I sent to [name]@gmail.com and it comes to the same account.

Google would not remove it for a copyright violation yet let older users use it, doesn't make sense!

Imo ISP email is the best, at least you know the company isn't monitoring your email for the sake of market data! *makes o0o0o0o noises*

Caporegime
O/T
aproctor,
fox-1.jpg
:D

Soldato
I personally avoid GMail. Just because it looks so unprofessional (if you're working in IT anyway).

I would sign up with someone like inbox.com

E-mail address wise: [email protected]

i.e. [email protected]

It's small enough for someone not to mispell it and if you do have a longer surname then it's going to shorten it by using the initial.

M.

Soldato
[email protected]

.me.uk is £6 for two years, or it was the last time I renewed mine. I've set it up to forward to a Gmail account though so I still great great webmail and spam filtering with it.

This is exactly what I do :)

I would probably use .co.uk but that's already taken. It seems to be one of those really old barely-touched websites as well :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom