[Rant]GRR Citylink

Associate
City link appear to have employed someone rather special who delivers in this area, he has frequently delivered things addressed to peoples houses to the work address and vice versa. I think he sees peoples names, knows where they work and fits where it will actually be delivered to make sure he finishes work by 1pm.

Soldato
Almost didn't get a package via Citylink the other day (took the day off work). I live at the end of a cul-de-sac so was actively keeping an eye out for the van. Mid morning ... hear the van so have a look out the front window ... yep it's Citylink ... think, great its my stuff!

Watch the bloke go to next door but one and try it (no response), trys next door (works nights so told him to go away (he doesn't get on with nextdoor but one anyway so wouldn't have taken it for them) ... bloke goes back to his van.

I think, **** it ... and go out to him ...."Do you have a package for No. ##?" "Yeah but I just tried there and there's no one in" "erm no actually you tried No. ##-2" "oh ... I'll just get it then"

This is despite all the houses having clear numbers (and my wheelie bin by the front door has it painted on too in large numbers)

:rolleyes:

Associate
Ive been not to bad with citylink, think ive maybe used them three times, twice off her and delivered on time :) plenty of time for that to change over the next couple months though! heres hoping it doesnt :p

Soldato
The driver did not card and run away.

As has been said a million times before, it makes no sense as they only have to come and bring it back tomorrow and face an angry consignee.

Associate
could be worse, UPS failed to delivered to my house and wanted me to drive 40+ miles from cheshire to manchester to pick it up. Citllinks 1.5m from home and its often easier to geet them to keep it at the depot for collection.

int

int

Soldato
Just bumping this to vent.

City link supposedly came to my house and I wasn't in (I was) and according to their tracking site the driver had "carded" me, despite the lack of card through my letter box.

Not the first time this has happened too :(

Associate
What a sham!
Booked a day off work so i could take this delivery & build this pc, but it seems citylink are paid to deliver bits of card rather than actual packages

I am sat in the next room, and instead of a doorbell i hear my letterbox
Go to look and lo and behold is a citylink card, so i rush outside to see the van halfway down the street

Now i have to wait until 7 this evening to get the ******g package, and effectively wasted a day off work!

Not amused! :mad::mad:

/rant over

Same thing has happened to me on a number of occasions. I always complain... they never care :(

Associate
Got to be honest.. I dont think i ever had a problem with any courier service around here. Everything is always delivered well.. I guess im jinxing myself now :)

Oh except ups who charged me loads plus import duty for some t shirts i bought from the states :(

Caporegime
Or even better stolen when someone notices the bump under the doormat. :p

its worse at my house they often leave packages in my binshed... we dont actually have a bin as we have caretakers who will move all the rubbish each week so they just throw watever on the pile of rubbish bags.

one day its going to happen on bin day and i will be furious

Associate
They frequently say 'carded' to me without even attempting delivery, and now they've closed the local depot (Barton Hill) so I have to drive all the way across Bristol to collect.

Barton Hill closed now is it ?
Where's the depot now then ?
Btw i have to drive from W-s-M, done this a couple of times so far. Always hated going to Barton Hill (dodgy area),
I must say i've only had a couple of probs over the years with City Link, on the whole they've been pretty good.

Soldato
It's a shame really, we voted on here a few years back whether to use City Link or Amtrak. For the majority of users Amtrak was awful, and City Link appeared to be the lesser of two evils.

I for one, voted for Amtrak as City Link are absolutely useless around here. It took them 3 weeks to deliver some parts from OcUK last year because they kept trying to deliver to the wrong address... aparently the postcode for my work address doesn't exist :rolleyes: Sure, our entire street... the main street into town disappeared!

Thankfully after many calls to Taiwan and India talking to City Link, and one or two calls to Stoke-On-Trent to OcUK it all got sorted and OcUK even refunded my delivery which was nice.

However that's only 1 of a million plus problems I've had with Poopy Link.

It's one of the few reasons I can't class OcUK as a top etailer yet. If possibly I'd like an option to choose Amtrak or City Link on my order - It'll please both worlds then, those that have had issues with Amtrak choose City Link, those that have problems with Poopy Link choose Amtrak... problems solved!

But I doubt that would ever happen. It's not really OcUK's fault, and if you do get really bad problems with your delivery (like me having to wait 3 weeks) give OcUK a buzz and just let them know how poor it was. I was told that if I can get City Link to admit that City Link were at fault then my delivery would be refunded... low and behold I did, and my money came back into my account :)

Back
Top Bottom