Had my motorbike test today...

Don
I have TPFT and I would have thought the insurance would still pay out for third party even though my bike is not restricted?

A condition of your insurance will be that you disclose all modifications to the bike and have a restrictor fitted to comply with the restriction on your license.

By not disclosing this and derestricting the bike, you are commiting fraud and your insurance is void.

If you have an accident they will pay out but if they investigate and find you have commited insurance fraud you can forget getting insurance again. You will also be liable for all costs they incur.

I advise you to grow up and have some responsibility.

Man of Honour
Associate
700quid is a bit steep.

basically cause of work a was looking at a getting a bike cause a heard the tests don't take very long to do, n my working hours are very random so is hard to plan driving lessons.

but 700 is harsh on the bank in one go like, n am not much of a saver haha

Man of Honour
Not always. There was a guy on BCF who crashed an unrestricted SV at high speed. He was prosecuted for it, but the bike was never tested.

But I agree its not worth the risk.
probably because he was prosecuted for something higher.
But you could have an accident which isn't your fault and someone gets injured and then you would be screwed.

Associate
probably because he was prosecuted for something higher.
But you could have an accident which isn't your fault and someone gets injured and then you would be screwed.

I know it's a bad idea what I'm doing but my reason for doing it is I've only just gotten my bike which is over 33bhp and I'm 21 in august and will have an unrestricted license then so I thought I will just wait...

Man of Honour
I know it's a bad idea what I'm doing but my reason for doing it is I've only just gotten my bike which is over 33bhp and I'm 21 in august and will have an unrestricted license then so I thought I will just wait...

and if you get caught most insurance companys wont touch you and if they do they'll charge you thousands. Is it really worth that risk when you will be 21 soon?

Soldato
Unless you passed your test on your 19th birthday you wont have an unrestricted licence on your 21st birthday. Its 2 years from passing your test. the 21 age restriction only applies for taking the DAS test.

Associate

its 2 years from the date you passed your test that you will have a restricted license
untill then you are riding with no licence or insurance

Soldato
What did you do for your motorcycle test? I've been up to a local dealer and seen a nice CBR125R which I may be getting and I want to do my test when I'am 17. Does anyone know the changes which will be made in October?

Back
Top Bottom