What interesting trips did you go on when you were at school?

Soldato
Had the usual trips to boring places with school although we did go to one of the outdoor activity places in the Brecon Beacons for a week.

With school band we did go to Germany a couple of times for week to do concerts etc in our twin town.

Soldato
Skiing in Switzerland
Football tour of Holland
Football tour of Canada
Football tour of China and Hong Kong

:)

Man of Honour
OP
With school band we did go to Germany a couple of times for week to do concerts etc in our twin town.

'And this one time .... in band camp'

Some amazing trips there - especially Iceland because it costs a fortune.
I've been asked to look for trips for our Apprentices and to be honest it needs to have a healthcare theme so the CSI and air crash simulation would be do-able.
We were going to China and spend some time in a hospital with children of different disabilities but we've been told China is a bit volatile now so Argentina looks on the cards instead (or Bolivia).

Associate
By far the best was a week in Amsterdam for a Business Studies trip in the 6th form, went to the Heineken factory, flower auction place and generally had a good time as the drinking age was only 16.

Week in Wales caving, canoing, rock climbing etc for the Duke of Edinburgh scheme.

A few day trips to Alton towers, France and London to see some museums and the like.

kai

kai

Soldato
Skiing in Italy
Skiing in France
London
Snowdon - Duke of Edinburgh(Good time, dipped my wick in a good looking girl in tent romance at its finest)

Soldato
Is there anyone else reading this thinking they went to the wrong school?

We got nothing like this, the only trip we had a a week out in Northumberland where we did some orienteering and loads of walking.

Associate
The best trip i ever went on was to manchester airport for a visit round a concord befor they were taken out of service.

Been to America and France when i was in high school too.

Soldato
jeesus dont i feel left out

our secondary school trips consisted of a look at the history of our local town centre and a 5mile walk setting off from the school gate and finishing at the erm school gate.

That was about the level of our trips. The 'treat' end of year jollies were usually either a class outing to the cinema or Pleasurewood Hills (Local theme park). Educational trips were visits to local towns, nature reserves etc.

Soldato
Skiing in France * 2
Skiing in Austria
Skiing in Italy
Pompeii / Sorrento / Rome
Alton Towers
EuroDisney + PGL France
Loads of visits to local musems / castles / places of interest

Associate
we once went to the natural history museum but we weren't allowed to see the dinosaurs because according to our headmaster - they never existed.

THERE WAS ONE RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BLOOMING ENTRANCE!

Back
Top Bottom