I think she is cheating……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I wouldn't be reading into it any further.

Infact if i were you i'd forget that you've even done any "snooping".

/edit - Or maybe you shouldn't.

Not every case is the same, but a GF of mine last year was all "i love you, ive really fallen for you" etc, then just before we went on holiday, an "old friend" popped up, who would text and ring etc all the time.

I didn't like it, but she wasn't hiding it from me, then we went on Holiday and he was still ringing and texting her all the time, kinda let on that it was annoying me and she assured me there was nothing to worry about. On the last night before we went, she got steaming drunk, and passed out. he was trying to ring her so i answered, said "Hello?" and he put the phone down. I woke up the next morning, told her about it and she just laughed it off (literally). That was when i did what probably was the thing i didnt want to do, went into her messages. There was one message from her best friend saying "I think you should tell him ASAP", then another from the "old friend" saying "I've just told my boss what we have been texting each other, she cant believe it xx".

When we got back off holiday we had tickets for the Moto GP booke,d but i made it aware to her that i was unconfortable as things were, and she came out with the old "oh this is too much, i can't cope, maybe we should spend a bit of time apart".

We got back from the GP and she told me she needed a rest, so i left her to it, went out in the car and she drove past on her way out somewhere, so i called her up, we had a huge argument and ended up parting ways. A week later my brother was at a local Motocross event, and she was there hand in hand with the "old friend".

Needless to say, i'm much better off with the person i'm with now, and she did me a favour really, it was quite an eye opener.

If you have serious doubts or suspicions, ask her about it.

Last edited:
Soldato
but your relationship obviously isn't as perfect as you think it is

Anybody (and this is not a dig at the OP) who thinks their relationship is perfect is sadly flawed as no relationship is and the desire to mould the relationship to a perfect ideal can in iself lead to relationship problems.

Remember the flaws are as much a part of the relationship.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just talk to her about it, the matter will be settled in ten seconds then.

I wouldn't even do that. The moment he admits to her that he's been reading her messages and essentially doesn't trust her, she will be deestated and will likely have trouble trusting him... I imagine it would make her re-assess her relationship.

I don't advocate anyone snooping on other peoples phones etc unless you have some serious evidence about whatever it is you're checking for. It's not a nice thing to do.

Permabanned
That would mean a girl would be internet-savvy and be posting on these forums, which aint gonna happen.

If she did, my advice would be completely different and my message would be along the lines of 'email in trust'.

So technically your saying you want to do the dirty with the OP's girlfriend as an excuse to 'get him back for spying' on her? :p

But in all seriousness trust issues can screw everything up, don't confront her unless ou have proper evidence.. You could always take the where do you see yourself in x years i love you route...

Soldato
OP
I'll take everyones advice then and sit tight. We had a nice night yesterday, even chatted about things, gave her the option to say anything but she was all fine and says she is looking forward to our holiday.

Don
She is definately hiding something mate... dont leave it too long, I would just say that your a little confused/ paranoid about something and see if she will clear it up...

Stelly

Don
I'll take everyones advice then and sit tight. We had a nice night yesterday, even chatted about things, gave her the option to say anything but she was all fine and says she is looking forward to our holiday.

Believe me mate, women can be so devious, and well two face, not all women but you can get them, I dont know, I wouldnt be happy with her doing what you described at the beginning of this thread.

Stelly

Soldato
sounds like you are looking to break your relationship up, you need to learn how to 'TRUST' people, without it you are on a the path of pain and hurt

I trust my girlfriend completely, she has male friends that she goes to the pub/cinema etc with, but if she ever tried to hide any off it from me then i would get start to get suspicious

33L

33L

Associate
i know how you feel - i have had the same suspicions before and she was getting friendly with some other guy who thought had a chance. he started calling and sending emails.
i caught wind of it and confronted her - although i was guilty of snooping she said that he tried to kiss her on a night out but she pulled away.

She was honest enough to admit he was trying to chat her up and the whole kiss thing. I cant say i was impressed but i still trust her but i have made it very clear that if anything like that happened again i dont know if i could trust her and the realtionship would be over - since then she has been tottally open with me

Soldato
Talk to her - not about cheating, but about where the relationship is going. Where do you see yourselves in 1, 5, 10 years etc.

Communication breakdown in the fall of any relationship.

If you don't know what's going on in her head, you'll be kidding yourself assuming everything is okay.

I've learnt that just because everything is 'perfect', there's no reason for girl to stop at that. 'Perfect' may not create the excitement and drive she needs for someone in her 20s.

I feel for you though.

Andrew.

Best advice so far.

Talk to her.

Man of Honour
She's probably after someone closer to her age tbh. Stop snooping on her, it's really unfair and if she found out you were doing that she would quite righly chuck you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom