iphone madness

Associate
get them on the bay just sold mine for 270 cant believe it that will finance me new 16 gigger when its released lol

Associate
Nice one!

Mines in for repair at the moment but if they cant fix it (dead pixel) then they might replace it with a new 8gb one (thats if theres any stock around?).

Soldato
seriously considering selling my 8gig as well before I get a 16gig V2, although I might keep it for use as my work phone.

If they do make you sign up for the new ones there and then and make it really expensive on PAYG then at least the V1 should hold its value nicely. It maybe missing a couple of feature but its basically the same phone but nicer looking I think.

Caporegime
I think they look the same (from the front) only difference is that the new one now is plastic at the back. I do agree that the white is quite funky but the silver before wasn't bad either so it's not worst, just different.

And it's not a case "if they make you sign up there", is they WILL make you sign up there. The alternative is unworkable, they know that, they experienced it.

Associate
The 3G version has conditions of purchase to prevent you from jailbreaking it! quite rubbish if u ask me.

I dont think they'll be enforceable tbh... Even if o2 and Apple were to introduct such restrictions, it'll be hacked within a couple of weeks of release anyway...

Personally with the app store, I cant see any real need to jailbreak it...

EDIT// If you're referring to a 'you jailbreak, you lose your warranty' situation - I also think that'll be pretty hard to enforce..

As for unlocking for use with any sim, that's just daft - seeing as you're GOING to have to pay at least £30 a month for 18 months... - you might as well just take out an o2 contract. At least then - you're safe in the knowledge that all is legit!

Pah... go legit :)

Otherwise, wait for the P&G prices and then buy one...

Soldato
My V1 iPhone has got a fair few scratches/marks on the back where i dropped it ONCE! My heart literally stopped. :(

I wonder how much i could get for it?

I will be signing up for a 18month £35pm contract. Am i correct in saying only the 16GB iPhone comes in white?

Can't wait. Watched half of the WWDC2008 video last night. Some of the software people are making is going to be awesome.

Associate
My V1 iPhone has got a fair few scratches/marks on the back where i dropped it ONCE! My heart literally stopped. :(

I wonder how much i could get for it?

I will be signing up for a 18month £35pm contract. Am i correct in saying only the 16GB iPhone comes in white?

Can't wait. Watched half of the WWDC2008 video last night. Some of the software people are making is going to be awesome.

Some people are getting good prices.. I sold mine for a decent price - just put it on 'that auction site' and I'm sure you'll get more than enough to cover you for the 'upgrade'

I'm gonna stick with the £35 squid one... although i suppose I'll have to weigh up the extra £180 a year for the £45 one? hmm! :)

Associate
Is it worth selling just now or waiting till the 3G is released?

I want a 3G but would mean i need to take a 2nd contract, so if i sold my iPhone for nearly 300 quid, that covers me for a few months.

If you're already on an iPhone contract there's no problem - you can 'upgrade' quite easily! *

If you're on a normal o2 contract, I'm guessing that they will let people who last upgraded before a cut-off date end their contracts early to take them up on the offer...

If you're not on o2 - you're at the mercy of your current provider..

Unless you absolutely positively cant wait - it's a bit daft to pay two contracts, I know - I used to do it all the time to get the newest phones! :)

The things we do for the latest technology!

* AFAIK

Associate
Nah i have a vodafone cotract that i can downgrade in a couple of months anyway. So that's why i am wondering if it is better to sell now, or sell when the 3G one comes out.

I have to say the now or then argument puzzled me - but I'm glad I sold mine - got a good price for it then - and not sure if I'd get the same price when the 3g comes out - especially if the pay and go price is not too bad..

Back
Top Bottom